Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I.E. Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 friedmn

friedmn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 05 December 2004 - 12:34 AM

Any help would be great.

First Issue...I want to un-install and then re-install a clean copy of I.E. 6.0. Howver, my PC will not allow me to un-install I.E. 6.0.

Second Issue...I downloaded a great spyware eliminator program (adwarespy) off this site which solved a very bad pop-up problem...however I still have a pop-ups from time to time. When I run adwarespy, it always identifies two running processes that it deems are spyware. however, it cannot eliminate them.

I've located the 2 files that it identified in the folder C;\Program Files\Common Files\Wintools... The files are WSUP.EXE and WTOOLSA.EXE. I tried to physically delete these files but could not.

What is going on? Any assistance here is appreciated?

Thanks,

email address removed

Edited by raw, 09 December 2004 - 11:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 daveai

daveai

• Members
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 09 December 2004 - 11:15 PM

Thanks for visiting Bleeping Computer.

Sorry for the delay in responding. If you still want help, I'll be happy to assist.

Three things:

1 -- It is a big mistake to post your email address in open forums. The dreaded spambots will find it and you will end up on countless spam lists.

Go to your two posts now and edit the email address out:

This thread, and http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...indpost&p=36305

2 -- Help me understand why you want to delete IE and re-install it. There is probably an easier way to do what you want, if I knew what that was.

3 -- The next step is to produce a HijackThis log file. From your description it sounds like you have a 'Wintools' infection. Once I see your HijackThis log, I can create a fix for you.

Please download the newest version of HijackThis (version 1.98.2) and unzip it into a newly created folder (such as "C:HJT) to ensure that backup files will be saved reliably .

Run the new version and create a log file:

Press 'Scan' then 'Save Log' then 'Save' then 'Yes'.
In the Notepad window, use 'Edit > Select All', then 'Edit > Copy'
Then paste into a reply to this message and send it.

I'll be automatically alerted when that happens.

Thanks
daveai
"Applying computer technology is simply finding the right wrench to pound in the correct screw." Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users