Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet in eastern wa.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 02 March 2016 - 03:54 PM

HI,I am looking at moving to eastern WA. in the near future and the area that i am looking at is in the north SPOKANE area and STEVENS county area are there any people on this forum that live in those areas that have hi-speed internet via. land line or satellite just looking for a consensus as to whats available,thank's  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,544 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:04 PM

I'm not in Washington. Did a quick search for providers in Stevens county WA. I came up with this for Colville which is the largest 'city' and the county seat for Stevens county.

http://broadbandnow.com/Washington/Colville

At least gives you a start.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:47 PM

HI,Animal,I was coming up with about info you get spoiled with the COMCAST internet speed.

Is it my imagination,or can you actually get by with a much lower speed and still get decent performance i was thinking if i got newer PC'S and got rid of the 2 door stops we call PC'S THAT WOULD OFFSET the lower speeds we will be getting the this sound reasonable.

#4 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:41 PM

Operating System,Here are my PC spec's
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
    Windsor 90nm Technology
RAM
    4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 375MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard
    Dell Inc
Graphics
    Panasonic-TV (1920x1080@60Hz)
    1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (EVGA)    123 °F
Storage
    931GB Seagate ST1000DX 001-1CM162 SCSI Disk Device (SATA)    99 °F
    465GB Western Digital WD My Passport 0740 USB Device (USB (SATA))    87 °F
Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653A SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio