Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corrupted apps

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shade the Wolf

Shade the Wolf

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 02 March 2016 - 03:53 PM

Okay so some time ago (I forget when it started), Microsoft Photos stopped working. Now Mail and Calendar, Windows Alarms & Clock (though the system clock still works), Windows Calculator, Xbox, Movies & TV, Microsoft People and of course Microsoft Photos all aren't working, and I can't reinstall them to repair (get error code 0x80070003, indicating an issue with Windows Update). I fixed the issue with Windows Update (or so I thought) yesterday, with the Windows Update troubleshooter. And then after seeing that the error code didn't go away, I fixed it manually (disabled the service, deleted temporary files, then restarted the service) and that seemed to fix it, but the apps still wouldn't reinstall. On the app page, I would press reinstall, and it would complete with no errors, but it would still tell me to reinstall. I used the app troubleshooter and it didn't know what was going on (it even flat out told me that it couldn't help me). I have no idea what's causing this issue and I don't know what else I can do aside from restoring Windows 10 and hoping that fixes things. Actually now that I think about it, I think this started when I rolled back from a newer version cause I thought that it was bleep with my wifi (it wasn't). Is there a way to manually update back to the newer version?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 clayto

clayto

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:48 AM

It looks to me as though you might be suffering from some veriation of the November update bug, which has trashed many apps, including the Store. Can you stil use the Store? Most victims cant. Go to the end of All Apps in Start to see if you have broken apps listed with weired addreses starting with '@'. If you do you have the bug. In which case there is a possible (lengthy) fix I can post a link to.

Edited by clayto, 03 March 2016 - 05:52 AM.

#3 Shade the Wolf

Shade the Wolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:22 PM

Yes, I can use the store. And no, I don't have those listed in all Apps, but when I click on the broken apps, this appears: http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj29/Saito_1/Error%20message%20dude.png so yeah, weird address, starting with @. The address also appears whenever the "choose app to open this file" window appeared before I made photo viewer the default photo app. (the current error message is for the photo app, but every broken app throws up that message)

#4 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:48 PM

It looks to me as though you might be suffering from some veriation of the November update bug, which has trashed many apps, including the Store. Can you stil use the Store? Most victims cant. Go to the end of All Apps in Start to see if you have broken apps listed with weired addreses starting with '@'. If you do you have the bug. In which case there is a possible (lengthy) fix I can post a link to.

I have the same issue also. Can you post the fix?

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

#5 Shade the Wolf

Shade the Wolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:31 PM

I have the same issue also. Can you post the fix?

If you haven't already try upgrading to the latest build. I just did and all my apps are back :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users