Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to create a local account without programs and without anything on it?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheUninvited

TheUninvited

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:28 AM

I would like to create an local account mostly for gaming, i will run only steam on it, but i don't want any programs or anything on that account on it ? Is it possible?

Also that account not be able to do anything without administrator permission.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:26 AM

It depends on the programs.  Most programs will put icons in C:\Users\Public\Desktop for desktop icons and C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, any icons stored in those locations will be visible to every user who logs into the machine.  So, removing visibility to all installed programs isn't an easy thing to do.

Making it a local account isn't an issue.

#3 TheUninvited

TheUninvited
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:27 AM

It depends on the programs.  Most programs will put icons in C:\Users\Public\Desktop for desktop icons and C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, any icons stored in those locations will be visible to every user who logs into the machine.  So, removing visibility to all installed programs isn't an easy thing to do.

Making it a local account isn't an issue.

You got a point there.

Well hmm what about is there an applications that shows me up all my programs who are running and ask me to allow or to disable them? like on startup?

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:07 AM

...but i don't want any programs or anything on that account on it ? Is it possible?

Yes, it's possible.  Once you create the new account just uninstall or remove any default apps.

#5 rpbtf

rpbtf

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:22 PM

Hello,

you could try this: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bigpicture/discussions/1/864958451556578063/?l=english

Ralf

#6 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 02 March 2016 - 03:38 PM

I would like to create an local account mostly for gaming, i will run only steam on it, but i don't want any programs or anything on that account on it ? Is it possible?

Also that account not be able to do anything without administrator permission.

Each account will have a desktop folder under their profile in the users folder. All (desktop apps) will still be there but you won't see them unless you go to the folder where they were install. The shortcuts are what is specific to the user. 

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users