Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop blank screen on start-up

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost340

Ghost340

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:07 AM

Hi, my question is: how to fix Lenovo Z580 blank screen on start-up, that means I cannot access my bios setup or login screen but the laptop turn on (all led light on) and fans are working, please help

Edited by hamluis, 04 March 2016 - 03:30 PM.
Moved from External Hardware to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:51 AM

Do you have a monitor, or possibly TV, that you can connect to the laptop?  This may allow you to see what's going on.

#3 Ghost340

Ghost340
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:19 AM

Yes, I have tried connecting it to the external monitor/LCD, it's still blank; I tried checking the ram, hard drive is working. Everything is working - the fan and the led light are working, except the screen is blank (no display) I can't even access the bios setup with novo button. Somebody suggested I reflow  the northbridge (display card) (heat gun 200 degrees for 8 minutes)but it dangerous I can't take that risk, please help...

#4 Maddy10

Maddy10

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:42 PM

Installing another OS might solve the problem.

#5 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:47 PM

Installing another OS might solve the problem.

No. This is not a Windows problem.

Yes, I have tried connecting it to the external monitor/LCD, it's still blank; I tried checking the ram, hard drive is working. Everything is working - the fan and the led light are working, except the screen is blank (no display) I can't even access the bios setup with novo button. Somebody suggested I reflow  the northbridge (display card) (heat gun 200 degrees for 8 minutes)but it dangerous I can't take that risk, please help...

Screen blank or empty? Does the monitor give no source warnings?

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#6 Ghost340

Ghost340
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 02:22 AM

Gentleman, when I connect the laptop with external screen via VGA, I can login/ in fact I can operate my laptop (operating system is working and I can access my bios). My problem: when I detach the external screen, the laptop (Lenovo Z580) screen - it is still blank (no display), I cannot use my laptop screen.

Do yo think my laptop screen has a problem or it need to be replace???

#7 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:07 AM

Check all internal connections and if they are all good then most likely your laptop screen needs to be replaced.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#8 Ghost340

Ghost340
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:22 AM

Thanks, Captain_Chicken: I will do that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users