Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 OS build 10586.122

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Atomic77

Atomic77

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:38 PM

I thought I would give a heads up I just got a update today 3/1/2016 and the build number is 10586.122. Just incase anyone had not noticed the change yet. I was looking at the notes and this update did not really fix anything but It made things more reliable and a bit faster.

ATOMIC77

​GEEKED AT BIRTH

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:21 AM

I noticed it last night when I was attempting to fix a WiFi problem with an update I got from Dell.  With the Home version of 10, you get ZERO notification that updates have been installed until you discover that you need to boot.  That takes getting used to!

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 Atomic77

Atomic77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:56 PM

Yeah I know that is kinda odd. I wonder why it does it that way.

ATOMIC77

​GEEKED AT BIRTH

#4 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:03 AM

In the past there've been a lot of home users of Windows who didn't install the updates and then got into trouble.  This is Microsoft's "solution" to that.  It's dictatorial for sure, but maybe it makes sense when you think about it.  It only works that way with the Home version, so if it bothers somebody enough, they can always pay $100 and upgrade to the Pro version.  Or there's always Linux.  Me, I'll just live with it because I've always installed all the Windows Updates since '98 and never had a problem with it.  YMMV.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users