Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DvD rom drive in btx wanting to put in atx

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hydroque

Hydroque

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:02 PM

So I tried to boot my other computer, which is atx, and the hard drive, in the data sector power area, burned up and smelt horrible. I had to throw it away and I am down a sata cable.

Could i put my dvd drive inside my atx computer, which was inside my btx computer, without the same thing happening? Will it work? My btx and atx have very different sized power supplies, but same cord structure (Ithink). My dvd drive is 6.5(front to back)x6(side to side)x1.25 in inches. There is only sata inputs and no other input or output nodes.

When I installed my regular hard drive I was scared bleepless it would happen again and sat for 5 minutes getting the strength to turn the pc on. I need to install windows.

Attached Files

Edited by Hydroque, 01 March 2016 - 07:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hydroque

Hydroque
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:30 PM

The answer is yes. Scary, scary stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users