Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD and Driver Power

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 clayto

clayto

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:43 PM

I thought my BSOD issue had gone away, not having had it for some weeks. Now it has returned, several times a week. The error is 'Driver Power State State Failure', the disk, usually C but sometimes D, is checked and the tablet PC can usually be restarted without trouble for a few more days.

My problem & question is this. I understand that the cause of this BSOD is a fault in a driver, probably to to do with the display. But as I dont have a report saying which driver I dont know which on to update. I have about a dozen which Driver Booster reports as being (very) out-of-date so I could update them all but Have been advised not to ("if it aint broke dont fix it").

So what should I do?

Windows 10 2-in-1 tablet. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:16 PM

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location. (By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop)
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:38 AM

I hope this is what you want:

Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   311.74KB   4 downloads

#4 TheITGUI

TheITGUI

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:21 AM

You can always run Windows Recovery Media to repair those drivers

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:44 AM

There are no memory dumps in the uploaded reports.

No sign of BSOD's in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report

No dump files listed in the KernelDumpList.txt report

I'd start by suspecting a hardware problem - and would suggest running these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 5.6.5) dates from 2014.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.

You only have 113 MB of RAM available.  And the system has less than 2 gB total.

This could be causing problems with your system.
I would strongly suggest upgrading the RAM to at least 4 gB (if allowable by the system specifications).
While waiting to upgrade, please eliminate all unneeded startup items, and only run one program at a time.

You have a Realtek RTL8723BS Wireless LAN 802.11n SDIO Network Adapter

I do not recommend using wireless USB network devices.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 and later systems - using older drivers with them is almost certain to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have the latest W7/8/8.1/10 drivers - DO NOT use older drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

C: drive only has about 8% free space.  Windows likes 15% free space in order to perform stuff "behind the scenes" without adversely affecting the system's performance.  Please free up 15% on ALL hard drives (you can get away with 10% on larger drives and won't notice a large performance penalty)

This device is not installed in Device Manager:

Not Available    ROOT\IMAGE\0000    The drivers for this device are not installed.

Try uninstalling the device to see if you can figure out what it is.

Also, look at the device's properties to see if you can find any other information about it.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:09 PM

Thanks very much for the detailed reply. I have a number of coments and questions

As stated, my PC is a 10.1 tablet, a 2-in-1 with keyboard and mouse so it is like a smal laptop. I understand it is not posible, or is very dificult to add further RAM to a tablet -- Crucial's scan reports that it has no suitable products, which I expected. I know my RAM is small but have not found it a problem as far as I am aware. I monitor and clean it continualy and my two utilities for this show general usage to be around 55% with sporadic increases to around 75% to 85%. I did not buy the tablet for heavy computer use, I run only one 'major' program at a time.Even videos are OK , in fact I have been pleasantly surprised at how much it can do, and at how well the upgrade to 10 went (except for the later November update bug).

"There are no memory dumps". Might this be because they have been deleted by my junk cleaners? I always uncheck memory dumps and logs but have suspected that this precaution does not work with at least one of the utilities. I wondered if I should run the diagnostic tool immediatly after a recovery from BSOD?

i will look into the UEFI / BIOS update issue --- I had thought that 2014 (year of manufacture / purchase) was quite recent -- only just over a year old. 

Windows updates are automatic and always up-to-date acording to Windows.

I do not understand about the network device. USB? I thought USB network devices were external USB addons, which I do not have. My wireles adapter is an internal one which I have not seen referred to as USB. Can you explain?

Only 8% free storage space on C. I wish I could increase it to 15%, I have been trying a variety of stratergies throughout 2015. You have hit on the one key complaint I have about my Quantum View Tablet. I have to monitor C continuously to try to stop it falling much below 5 GB. It has gone below 1 GB a few times and then there are problems. At the time of the upgrade to Windows 10 it was consistently 5GB which is why I paid a technician to do it, I feared problems, having been told at least 8 GB was necesary. I could write a long article about the many things I have done to reduce the storage demands on my 32 GB SSD. Nothing on my tablet is 'surplus to requirements'. I use external Memory Cards, USB Flash Drives, DVDs and the Cloud.

Are you suggesting the low free space on C might be a cause of the BSODs?

#7 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 02:33 PM

"Not Available    ROOT\IMAGE\0000"   It is shown as an unknown device, there is no information in Properties, it is not instaled and no driver can be found for it (using update driver.)  Information on the internet is confusing as it sems it can refer to a great many diferent things and many people seking help have not found a solution. I have 'uninstaled it', but then it was not inwstaled in the first place. 

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:17 AM

BSOD analysis can be very straightforward, or it can be very complicated.  And, we don't know which it'll be until we start looking at the reports and getting some feedback.

Do the best that you can with my suggestions (and let us know of anything that you can't do).

The simple cases are usually clear cut and have a definite problem that stands out during the analysis.

The complicated cases are usually a pain to fix, and require a lot of work just to coax results from the analysis.

I don't research the ability of your system to add RAM because:

1)  I may not have the EXACT proper system make and model

2)  I do not know your financial situation.

As such, I leave that research/decision up to you - whether it be a PC or a tablet.

My suggestions are based on my research over the years (I started this about 10 years ago).

Obviously most of the research involved PC's and not tablets.

But, most of the suggestions still hold.

It would be easier if I just suggested that you wipe the system and start over.
That's what most tablet manufacturer's/repair technicians do.

I give suggestions that attempt to fix the system before resorting to that drastic step.

If my suggestions don't work, I always have more (until the last suggestion of throwing it out of the window :0)

USB devices are mostly used by plugging into a USB port on the side of the system.

BUT, there are quite a few USB devices (touchpads, card readers, webcams, fingerprint readers, etc) that are internal devices and use the USB interface.

The missing memory dumps can be due to several reasons.

The way to check is to see if they're there after the next crash - BEFORE using the cleaners

But don't be surprised if there isn't one - as the lack of RAM can cause the system to not save them.

Also, the lack of a pagefile (or one that's too small) can also prevent capturing one.

I'd suggest that you try to read the BSOD when it happens and let us know what it says.

BIOS updates weren't as big a concern with W7 and earlier.  But with W8/8.1/10, the system communicates with the BIOS/UEFI much more than previously.
Also, errors due to the BIOS/UEFI being outdated are difficult to troubleshoot - as they tend to resemble hardware errors (and we go crazy trying to find hardware problems where none actually exist).

Quite frankly, I don't expect that 8% free space will cause BSOD's.
But I do suspect that low free space will cause BSOD's (as I've seen it happen in the past).

But Windows systems are constantly changing, so the exact number is different for each system.

My suggestions are a compilation of my experience over the years.

While I may mention what I suspect is the cause, my efforts are more focused on fixing all of the different things that I've seen contribute to crashes over the years.

In most cases we're able to fix things, but in some there's a need to reinstall the system and start over fresh.

When you uninstalled the unknown device - did it return after a reboot?

Have you checked to make sure that Windows Update hasn't turned itself off?

#9 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:07 AM

I had another BSOD so I intended to submit the two files again before running my junk cleaners, in the hope they would show dump files and logs required this time. The first is below but with Perf/Mon I got a SQL error when trying to save and as yet have not worked out what to do about that.

Thanks for your detailed reply above, I will read it again so it sinks in. 

Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   569.73KB   3 downloads

PS every time when I try to attach a file to a post I get 'Error No file was selected for upload' but it works anyway.

#10 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2016 - 10:09 AM

I tried to upload the PerfMon file but got error message saying 'you are not permitted to upload this knid of file'. Why?

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:03 AM

I don't have much of a clue about how the upload function works here, so I have no idea why it gives that error.

But, "Nothing succeeds like success!" - so we can continue on despite the error! :0)

As for the perfmon report:

1)  I recall that the forums won't allow you to upload .html files - so you'd have to zip it up in order to upload it.

2)  I don't use that report very often, so there's no need to mess with it right now.

We got a memory dump in the upload - so it's likely a problem with your junk cleaners.

Please don't use them while we're troubleshooting - we'll need the reports as detailed as possible.

FYI - I used to use registry cleaners regularly.  Until I found that they were actually causing problems with my system.
Be careful using the junk cleaners (and I do understand that you have to tread a fine line between cleaning the junk and having a system that's critically low on available resources).

Very old Aomei BackUpper drivers (dating from 2012) on your system.

I'd have to wonder about their compatibility w/W10.

Please uninstall it and see if that stops the BSOD's

I attempted to access the Quantum View support site and found broken downloads and damaged links.

It may be difficult to update this device without those resources.

The reason that I mention this is that many of the drivers needed for this device appear to be older - and the place to download the most recent version is the manufacturer's website.

In the event that removing the Aomei program doesn't fix things, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.
**************************Fri Mar  4 04:33:02.575 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\030416-15906-01.dmp]
Windows 10 Kernel Version 10586 MP (4 procs) Free x86 compatible
Built by: 10586.122.x86fre.th2_release_inmarket.160222-1549
System Uptime: 0 days 0:40:11.989
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!PnpBugcheckPowerTimeout+4f )
BugCheck 9F, {4, 12c, 97e1bb40, 832b1b50}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp
    subsystem.
Arg2: 0000012c, Timeout in seconds.
Arg3: 97e1bb40, The thread currently holding on to the Pnp lock.
Arg4: 832b1b50, nt!TRIAGE_9F_PNP on Win7 and higher
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x9F
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x9F_4_nt!PnpBugcheckPowerTimeout
CPUID:        "Intel® Atom™ CPU  Z3740D @ 1.33GHz"
MaxSpeed:     1330
CurrentSpeed: 1333
  BIOS Version                  5.6.5
  BIOS Release Date             07/30/2014
  Manufacturer                  Quantum
  Product Name                  Quantum View QS-3210
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in RED should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.
**************************Fri Mar  4 04:33:02.575 2016 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
ambakdrv.sys                Tue Dec 25 03:45:55 2012 (50D967C3)
ammntdrv.sys                Tue Dec 25 03:45:56 2012 (50D967C4)
amwrtdrv.sys                Tue Dec 25 03:45:56 2012 (50D967C4)
iaiogpiovirtual.sys         Tue Sep  3 01:28:33 2013 (52257381)
iaioi2ce.sys                Thu Sep 26 21:57:05 2013 (5244E5F1)
isstrtc.sys                 Thu Oct  3 13:23:29 2013 (524DA811)
SmartDefragDriver.sys       Mon Dec 23 05:05:49 2013 (52B80AFD)
kxspb.sys                   Tue Feb  4 17:50:41 2014 (52F16EC1)
mwac.sys                    Tue Jun 17 22:06:47 2014 (53A0F437)
lm3554.sys                  Tue Jul  8 08:55:17 2014 (53BBEA35)
ov2722.sys                  Tue Jul 22 04:59:04 2014 (53CE27D8)
ccSetx86.sys                Mon Aug 18 15:32:09 2014 (53F254B9)
SRTSPX.SYS                  Tue Aug 26 02:36:32 2014 (53FC2AF0)
HWiNFO32.SYS                Sun Nov 23 11:24:22 2014 (54720A36)
camera.sys                  Thu Nov 27 00:56:18 2014 (5476BD02)
SYMEVENT.SYS                Mon Jan 19 17:43:37 2015 (54BD8899)
GUBootStartup.sys           Wed Apr 22 22:03:43 2015 (553852FF)
Ironx86.SYS                 Mon May  4 19:46:42 2015 (554804E2)
WiseFs32.sys                Thu May  7 04:57:50 2015 (554B290E)
WiseHDInfo32.dll            Thu May  7 04:57:50 2015 (554B290E)
WiseUnlock.sys              Mon May 11 03:36:54 2015 (55505C16)
rtwlans.sys                 Thu May 14 14:18:14 2015 (5554E6E6)
RtkUart.sys                 Mon May 18 23:37:09 2015 (555AAFE5)
iaiogpioe.sys               Sun Jun  7 22:41:23 2015 (557500D3)
PMIC.sys                    Sun Jun  7 22:42:24 2015 (55750110)
MBI.sys                     Mon Jun  8 00:51:38 2015 (55751F5A)
TXEI.sys                    Tue Jun 16 06:31:44 2015 (557FFB10)
iwdbus.sys                  Wed Jul  8 18:17:32 2015 (559DA17C)
rtii2sac.sys                Thu Jul  9 04:15:45 2015 (559E2DB1)
iaiouart.sys                Sun Jul 19 22:36:05 2015 (55AC5E95)
MBAMSwissArmy.sys           Wed Jul 29 00:25:43 2015 (55B855C7)
mbamchameleon.sys           Tue Aug  4 14:25:22 2015 (55C10392)
dptf_acpi.sys               Fri Aug  7 13:44:55 2015 (55C4EE97)
esif_lf.sys                 Fri Aug  7 13:45:16 2015 (55C4EEAC)
mbam.sys                    Tue Aug 11 13:35:14 2015 (55CA3252)
igdkmd32.sys                Mon Aug 17 11:34:15 2015 (55D1FEF7)
SYMNETS.SYS                 Mon Aug 24 15:58:33 2015 (55DB7769)
BHDrvx86.sys                Fri Sep 25 19:58:51 2015 (5605DFBB)
SRTSP.SYS                   Fri Oct  9 20:06:09 2015 (56185671)
IDSvix86.sys                Mon Oct 12 21:58:48 2015 (561C6558)
NAVEX15.SYS                 Tue Oct 13 20:32:30 2015 (561DA29E)
NAVENG.SYS                  Tue Oct 13 20:36:08 2015 (561DA378)
SYMEFASI.SYS                Mon Oct 19 19:44:48 2015 (56258070)
intelppm.sys                Thu Oct 29 22:08:31 2015 (5632D11F)
BthA2DP.sys                 Thu Oct 29 22:36:09 2015 (5632D799)
eeCtrl.sys                  Fri Nov  6 21:33:40 2015 (563D6304)
EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys     Fri Nov  6 21:33:40 2015 (563D6304)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ambakdrv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ammntdrv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amwrtdrv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaiogpiovirtual.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaioi2ce.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=isstrtc.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SmartDefragDriver.sys
kxspb.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwac.sys
lm3554.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
ov2722.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ccSetx86.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SRTSPX.SYS
HWiNFO32.SYS - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=camera.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SYMEVENT.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=GUBootStartup.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Ironx86.SYS
WiseFs32.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
WiseHDInfo32.dll - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
WiseUnlock.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
rtwlans.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
RtkUart.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaiogpioe.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=PMIC.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MBI.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TXEI.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iwdbus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rtii2sac.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaiouart.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MBAMSwissArmy.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mbamchameleon.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dptf_acpi.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=esif_lf.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mbam.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd32.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SYMNETS.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=BHDrvx86.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SRTSP.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=IDSvix86.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NAVEX15.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NAVENG.SYS
SYMEFASI.SYS - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=BthA2DP.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=eeCtrl.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys

#12 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:11 AM

Thank you very much.

I will uninstall Backuper. I am quite a fan of AOMEI but have a fatal problem with Backupper at present which AOMEI have not helped me with despite several requests (usualy they help). I used Backupper to create a Bootable USB Drive which as worked very well twice so it semed compatible with W10, but now the program cannot read drive C. Others have experienced this.   I did update it quite recently so I dont know why it appears dated. Anyway due to not hearing from AOMEI I am expecting to use Macrium Reflect. I have put off system backup until I had cured the November Update Bug and got my aps back but it is taking me a long time.

I note there are no DRIVERS in red in the report. I have used IOBit Drive Boster once to update, it now lists 12 out-of-date drivers but have not updated these because elsewhere in this forum advisors have strongly advised not to update unless I have an identifiable reason to do so --- "dont fix it if it aint broke." You seem to have a somewhat diferent view?

I gather that the report I sent does have the files you require? I am afraid I used junk cleaners before I read your last post (storage was droping to the danger level around 1 GB and is still too low). If I have another BSOD I will save reports right away, and I will look even more carefully at my cleaners' settings to to exclude dumps / logs. I dont know how to do this with CCleaner, it is easy in some other programs.

I wil check out Quantum View support and raise isues in their forum if I can. QV manufacturer is Chinese, QV Supliers, now called Azulle are American.

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:03 AM

Drivers aren't necessarily dated with the same date as the package that installs them.

As for drivers that are RED - there's a difference between the forums that the software I use and Bleeping Computer.

There's also a change in the scripts that I use, so that may also account for the red.

Finally, there were issues with some of the drivers coming up a purplish color - which added to the confusion.

Originally, the drivers were colored based on the release date of the version of the OS.

I'll have to remember to remove the reference to RED drivers from my version of the scripts.

Yes, the reports had everything that I needed.

In general, I don't ask for a full set of reports after the first one.

Instead I'll ask you to zip up and upload the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump if you have  further BSOD's.

If unable to zip it up there, try copying it to your Desktop.

FYI - the memory dump doesn't point to a particular driver.  The Aoemi driver stood out because it was older.

I'd hope that, if that doesn't fix it, that we can capture a Driver Verifier enabled memory dump that points to the exact problem

ntoskrnl.exe (also seen as ntkrnlpa.exe, ntkrnlmp.exe, or ntkrpamp.exe) is the kernel (core) of the Windows operating system.  It is protected by security features and the Windows System File Checker.  As such, if this file was to blame, you'd be experiencing many more problems other than the occasional BSOD.

In most cases this file is blamed because another file (typically a 3rd party driver) has corrupted the memory space that ntoskrnl.exe considers as it's own.  When this happens, ntoskrnl.exe typically finds unknown data (from the 3rd party driver) in it's memory space.  At this point the OS panics and throws a BSOD to prevent damage to the system.

More info here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ntoskrnl.exe

#14 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:37 AM

Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file. This is the forum resuponse when I try to upload a zipped MiniDump file.  Why?

Clicking the unzipped file tells me I dont have permission to open it. Why? I have never been able to grasp how to deal with this response, as I am Administrator and only user. i have seen many people complaining about this but have not understood the response.

it has been a difficult few hours, with two BSODs this morning which seem to start with a loss of Wi-Fi connection. I did uninstall both of my AOMEI programs but it clearly has not worked, so I will try your other suggestion. If BSOD starts to happen frequently it will a more serious issue than just once a week.

I have emailed Quantum / Azulle support about drivers etc. Sometimes I have had help from them, sometimes not.

SFC reports corrupt files some of which it cannot repair. What do i do about that? I once looked at the logs - immense and incomprehensible. I will try DISM next but usually find a similar result.

#15 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:28 AM

By the way, unchecking dumps and log files in CCleaner could not have been more simple and obvious. I think I have used CC for so long I had stopped looking at it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users