Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fan constantly stops and starts in new ASUS F555L Laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Saxon0192

Saxon0192

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:27 PM

Hi,

I received a new ASUS F555L Laptop one week ago, and found that compared to my previous laptops the fan sound is very annoying.

This is because the fan often has periods where it will completely stop and then start the fan in approximately 10 second cycles, over and over again. It's when the fan starts up again that I find most disturbing as it creates a high pitched rising sound.

I contacted ASUS and they said its just how the computer is.

Ideally, I would like to be able to make the fan run constantly or in longer cycles, than have it stopping completely and starting again.

The sound of the fan running when it's constant doesn't bother me.

Is there some kind of way I can control the behavior to this end?

I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Thank you,

Saxon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:28 PM

Are there fan settings in the bios?