Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC haveing issues again

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:03 PM

I ran the BSOD Inspection tool here is the log.

I should note I suspected malware infection but I reran all the tools I have run before and found nothing.

They will not even generate a log.  So now I am checking for system corruption.

Edited by dannyboy950, 01 March 2016 - 03:36 AM.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:11 AM

Please try this as the BSOD Inspector report doesn't have all of the files that I need:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:05 AM

My appologies usama I forgot that part

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:58 PM

Sorry, but I need the info from steps 1 and 2 of the above link - the Sysnative BSOD Dump + System File Collection App

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:50 PM

My bad I thought the inspection tool were one and the same. lol

Whoops wrong file have to make another post.

Edited by dannyboy950, 01 March 2016 - 06:54 PM.

#6 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:29 PM

Had to clean out my attachments.

Attached Files

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:54 AM

Your UEFI/BIOS (version F.34) dates from 2015.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a recent update.

Only 3 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 10586 (TH2/1511) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.
Lot's of Windows Update failures in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.

There's an unknown USB device in Device Manager:

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)    USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&240B7E71&0&2    This device is working properly.

Please unplug all USB devices and see if you can identify the problem (there are likely some USB devices built into the system that you can't remove).

Let us know and we'll move on from there.

Beyond that, there's not many other issues visible in the reports.

Could you describe what problems you're having in a bit more detail?

We may be able to see a bit more with this report:

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

#8 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:31 AM

Working on it boss.  Something is keeping me from being able to zip, copy, or send to the event log. Those file options are greyed out for me. Reading the log it is full of failure errors but no 41 events that I see.  One of my unexplainable issues.

The PC just barely meets min. requirements to run win 10. I think due to my really slow internet speeds. A lot of stuff times out before it completes. Other issues are heavy total memory use age without corresponding component/process use age. Random slow opening of files and desktop short cuts, sometimes instead of opening I get drop down menus of varieous types.

Updates are supposed to install automaticaly and still set that way in settings.

As for the USB device none are plugged in and no errors show in device manager.

This is my second win 10 install not a clean install but a recovery/repair.

Edited by dannyboy950, 02 March 2016 - 11:38 AM.

#9 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:27 PM

An interesting development. After your synopsis I did some checking.

Windows update had been disabled since Jan 23.  Windows defender also had not been updated or run since Jan 26.

Malwarebytes has also not been running it's regular schedualed scans.  Deeper checking is now in order.

#10 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:15 PM

We may as well close this thread. I can not get you the log file you requested.

It is too large to copy and paste and I can not send it to the zip folder so I really have no way to get it to you.  I do not have a drop box and I do not think Imgur will take text.

#11 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:44 AM

Dannyboy950:

You could try using Sendspace. It will allow uploads to 300 MB for free accounts, and more for paid accounts. Unlike Dropbox, it does not "install" on your computer.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Member of the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:40 AM

Have you installed all missing Windows Updates?

Have you tried scanning for malware?

Could you be infected?  It's possible that malware has corrupted your current protection, so please try a couple of these, independent scans (from this link: https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA15-286A ).  This is in case your current protection is compromised by malware and giving false results:

F-Secure
           https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/online-scanner (link is external)

McAfee
           http://www.mcafee.com/uk/downloads/free-tools/stinger.aspx (link is external)

Microsoft
           http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx (link is external)

Sophos
           https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/virus-removal-tool.aspx (link is external)

Trend Micro
           http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ (link is external)

The above are examples only and do not constitute an exhaustive list. The U.S. Government does not endorse or support any particular product or vendor.
If you do find infections, I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum to ensure that all the bad stuff has been removed:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:43 AM

Other suggestions would be to try a 3rd party zip utility such as WinZip or 7Zip

You can also upload to OneDrive without zipping (an without installing on your system).

The issue here is that the system is having a lot of problems, despite your repair of the system.

I'd have to wonder if backing up your data and then doing a clean install of W10 would make things work better.

#14 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:03 AM

Thank you all exelent suggestions.  I am going thru them 1 by 1. I have already started a thread in am I infected and will continue.

1. Updates have been manually updated since finding it had been turned off from automatic.  The updater says there are no more available..

2. A clean install I have been trying to do for over a year. I can install a ISO and the media creation tool but the tool will  then not complete the creation of the media. I have tried with both USB sticks and a dvd. The ISO and the tool take up so much room/memory I may not have enough left to actualy create the media.

3. I was reminded yesterday afternoon of another possibility.  We have recently been haveing a lot of local power outages while they are working on the lines. When power unexpectedly goes on and off a power spike often results that may have damaged my computer.

I use a surge protected powerstrip but one of the cheaper ones.  While checking on this possibility I have come across documentation that says once the surge protection function is first used the strip will still work provideing power but will no longer have surge protection.  It will work as a normal power strip.

Thoughts appreciated.

#15 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:44 AM

I would find another computer to try the ISO creation on.  You can erase all traces of the installer once it's done, so it won't permanently take up room on another computer.

As for the surge suppressor, they usually have a sign that they are no longer working properly (after blocking a surge).  It may be a flashing/flickering power light or other signs.  Check the documentation for the suppressor.  FWIW - I once had a power surge through my network cable (rather than the power cable).  It took me weeks to figure out that I had a blown network adapter before I finally fixed it.  If you suspect hardware damage, start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users