Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Restarts when asked to shut down

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jjmax30

jjmax30

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:57 PM

I am having trouble with my pc. I have not changed anything recently and now either pressing the power button, or going to Start> Shut down, simply restarts the computer.

I have tried everything to fix this. I reset the BIOS, disabled the restart on error option in windows, disabled fast boot, switched around power saving settings, changed registries,and even completeley reinstalled windows. Still nothing. I have no idea what else to do.

Specs:

Windows 10 x64

M5A97 LE R2.0 Motherboard

AMD FX 6300 Processor

8GB Ram

1 Samsung 250gb ssd (boot)

1tb hdd for documents (now wiped to install windows)

I have also posted some of the many error codes I get in the event viewer, I know a bit about computers, but not enough to understand any of these.

Thanks for any help!

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.PNG   62.32KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.PNG   94.79KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3.PNG   115.85KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  4.PNG   81.92KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  5.PNG   73.39KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  6.PNG   87.78KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  7.PNG   60.74KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  8.PNG   76.16KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  9.PNG   128.82KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  10.PNG   90.16KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:08 AM

Looks like the system goes to sleep when you try to shut it down.
I'd start by updating your BIOS, your chipset drivers, and any storage drivers for the controllers on your system.

I'd also reset the power configuration to disable things like Hybrid Sleep.

Beyond that, if the problem conitinues, please provide these reports:

1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.
If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 jjmax30

jjmax30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:33 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. i have updated the BIOS to the latest version and updated all of the storage drivers and chipset drivers, Still nothing :(

I am posting the results of the first test you asked me to do, and will shortly post results of the second.

Again, thanks for your help!

Attached Files

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:15 PM

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 2601) dates from 2015.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a recent update.

Only 3 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 10586 (TH2/1511) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.
Lot's of recent Windows Update failures listed in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.

I'll have more to look at once I see the other report.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 jjmax30

jjmax30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:14 PM

Sorry it took me a while to reply, i have been busy with work etc.

I am posting the other log you asked for. I am now running the latest BIOS and have also updated windows. One thing i noticed was that when i told my computer to ​update and shut down​, it did so without restarting. However, since then, I have tried shutting down my computer with still no luck. I am currently having to shut it down my holding the power button, or by pushing the power button, just before windows loads.

Again, sorry for the late reply and thanks for your help.

Attached Files

#6 jjmax30

jjmax30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:18 PM

I have just noticed that my computer does not seem to install updates at all when i tell it to update and shut down. Instad it seems to simply shut down, without restarting. I have no idea what is going on, but at least i can shut down my computer for now!

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:25 AM

I have never suggested this, but I find several errors related to it in your Admin log.
Please disable Fast Startup and see if that helps.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users