Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck in System Restore

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cutsiecurlie

Cutsiecurlie

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:29 PM

Hi guys I have a windows 7 PC. It was my boyfriends but I was using It and decided to factory reset it. It went well until after it came back on. It just has an error. I don't remember what the error says but I asked my boyfriend about it and he told me he had removed the Windows folder because he was copying it to his other computer. I have no clue what to do. Please help me!!

Edited by Cutsiecurlie, 29 February 2016 - 04:30 PM.

:heart: The only way God can show us he's in control is to put us in situations we can't control. :heart:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:02 PM

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

#3 Cutsiecurlie

Cutsiecurlie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:50 PM

My PC won't boot up. It's stuck trying to reinstall windows because I already started the restore

:heart: The only way God can show us he's in control is to put us in situations we can't control. :heart:

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:56 AM

It just has an error. I don't remember what the error says but I asked my boyfriend about it and he told me he had removed the Windows folder because he was copying it to his other computer.

More information is needed.  What is the make and model of the computer?  Can you describe exactly how you went about doing the factory reset?  If your boyfriend really removed the Windows folder then the computer won't be able to boot.

#5 TheITGUI

TheITGUI

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:23 AM

This is sadly very vague. Don't know what the error message was, which is really the crux of what I need to give advice.

If you're not able to get into Windows, it may be that there's missing data that's critical to the OS or Boot Manager. My 'fire from the hip' answer is to run Windows Recovery Media, or do a re-install of the OS.

There's a variety of programs out there that can handle PC recovery such as disk imagers and snapshot programs. So maybe look to implement a solution whether it be a disk imager like Macrium Reflect Free or a snapshot tool like Rollback rx.

#6 WebWalker67

WebWalker67

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 02 March 2016 - 04:03 AM

If the "Factory Restore" in your system not longer working then you have to format/install Windows 7 via a Win 7 installation DVD.

You can borrow Win 7 installation DVD from someone but make sure the Win 7 edition is same as yours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users