Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 won't boot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 Cutsiecurlie

Cutsiecurlie

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:09 PM

hi guys I have a windows 8.1 custom built PC. recently I got a trojan which I removed through malware bytes. But when I went to reboot my PC, she wouldn't boot up. the boot up screen will start but then the screen goes black. My mouse will show up and the loading symbol shows next to the mouse and it will glitch around the screen. And occasionally the internet connection symbol will flash at the bottom of the screen but that's it.
I don't have another PC to download anything or do anything on. I'm on my ipad and it's the only thing I have to work with lol. I really need help to get my PC to boot up. Any suggestion is appreciated :) thank you!!

Edited by hamluis, 29 February 2016 - 04:39 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

:heart: The only way God can show us he's in control is to put us in situations we can't control. :heart:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,807 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:41 PM

Hello Cutsiecurlie and Welcome to the BleepingComputer. :welcome:
My name is Yılmaz and I'll help you with the cleanup of malware from your computer.

Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.

• Please complete all steps in the specified order.
  • Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
  • Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
  • Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you  were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as  you can.
  • Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
  • If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If  you haven't answered within 5 days, I am assuming that you don't need  help anymore and your topic will be closed.
  • I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all  malware. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review  my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic
  • As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.
  • Please open as administrator  the computer. How is open as administrator  the computer?
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, as they will  interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do  this, please refer to get help here

Thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do the following.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure the following option is checked: addition.png
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Sincerely  . :hello:

Best regards

paypal.gif
If you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, then you can consider a donation. Thank you. :thumbup2:
Malware fix forum
If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!

#3 Cutsiecurlie

Cutsiecurlie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:38 PM

I'm sorry but I can't boot up my PC to download anything

:heart: The only way God can show us he's in control is to put us in situations we can't control. :heart:

#4 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,807 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:48 PM

Okay.

Please do the following.

Kaspersky Rescue CD

:step1:
 Go to a clean PC.

• Download the .iso image file.
  •  Create a CD (or flash drive if you prefer).
  • At the infected PC: put the disk in the drive and reboot.

Follow the directions here, but you will find some differences.

Download and create a bootable Kaspersky Rescue Disk CD

1. Download the Kaspersky Rescue Disk ISOimage from below.

Karspesky Rescue Disk Download Link (This link will open a new page from where you can download Kaspersky Rescue Disk ISO)

2. Download ImgBurn, a software that will help us create this bootable disk. (If you already have necessary software, use that)

IMGBURN Download Link (This link will open a new page from where you can download ImgBurn)
3. You can now insert your blank DVD/CD in your burner.

4. Install ImgBurn by following the prompts and then start this program.

5. Click on the Write image file to disc button.

6. Under 'Source' click on the Browse for file button, then browse to the location where you previously saved the Kaspersky Rescue Disk ISO file.(kav_rescue_10.iso)

7. Click on the big Write button.

8. The disc creation process will now start and it will take around 5-10 minutes to complete.

:step2:
Configure the computer to boot from CD-ROM

On some machines,if you restart the computer and repeatedly tap the F11 key it should bring up the Boot Menu, from there you can select to boot from the CD.
IF this doesn't happen then you'll need to configure your computer to boot for a CD like you'll see below.

Use the Delete or F2 keys, to load the BIOS menu.Information how to enter the BIOS menu is displayed on the screen at the start of the OS boot:

1. Use the Delete or F2 keys, to load the BIOS menu.Information how to enter the BIOS menu is displayed on the screen at the start of the OS boot:

2. In your PC BIOS settings select the Boot menu and set CD/DVD-ROM as a primary boot device.

3. Insert your Kaspersky Rescue Disk and restart your computer.

:step3:
Boot your computer from Kaspersky Rescue Disk

1. Your computer will now boot from the Kaspersky Rescue Disk,and you'll be asked to press any key to proceed with this process

Kasp1-1.png

2. In the start up wizard window that will open, select your language using the cursor moving keys. Press the ENTER key on the keyboard.

Kasp2-1.png

3. On the next screen, select Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Graphic Mode then press ENTER.

Kasp3-1.png

4. The End User License Agreement of Kaspersky Rescue Disk will be displayed on the screen. Read carefully the agreement then press the C button on your keyboard.

5. Once the actions described above have been performed, the Kasprsky operating system will start.

:step4:
Launch Kaspersky WindowsUnlocker to remove the malicious registry changes

This ransomware trojan has modified your Windows system registry so that when you're trying to boot your computer it will instead launch his lock screen.To remove this malicious registry changes we need to use the Kasersky WindowsUnlocker from Kaspersky Rescue Disk.

1. Click on the Start button located in the left bottom corner of the screen and select the Kaspersky WindowsUnlocker.

Kasp5-1.png

IF you can't find the WindowsUnlocker button, you can select Terminal and in the command prompt type windowsunlocker and then press Enter on the keyboard.

2. A white colored console window will appear and will automatically start loading the registry files for scanning and disinfection. The whole process will take only a couple of seconds and after this process you should be able to boot your computer in normal mode.

Kasp6-1.png

:step5:
Scan your system with Kaspersky Rescue Disk

1. Click on the Start button located in the left bottom corner of the screen and select the Kaspersky Rescue Disk then click on My Update Center and press Start update.

Kasp7-1.png

2. When the update process has completed, the light at the top of the window will turn green, and the databases release date will be updated.

Kasp8-1.png

3. Click on the Objects Scan tab, then click Start Objects Scanto begin the scan.

Kasp9-1.png

4. If any malicious items are found, the default settings are to prompt you for action with a red popup window on the bottom right. Delete is the recommended action in most cases but we strongly recommend that you try first to disinfect , and if it doesn't work chose to quarantine the infected files just to be on the safe side.

Kasp10-1.png

5. When all detected items have been processed and removed, the light in the window will turn green and the scan will show as completed.

Kasp11-1.png

6. When done you can close the Kaspersky Rescue Disk window and use the Start Menu to Restart the computer.

7. When booted back into Windows Navigate > Start > Computer > C:\Kaspersky Rescue Disck 10.0 Open the folder, inside is log from KRD run named "ScanObject" copy/paste that file to your reply.

Best regards

paypal.gif
If you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, then you can consider a donation. Thank you. :thumbup2:
Malware fix forum

#5 Cutsiecurlie

Cutsiecurlie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:17 PM

hi please allow me some time to complete this as I dont have another computer of my own to work with!

#6 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,807 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:31 PM

Okay. I am waiting.

Best regards

paypal.gif
Malware fix forum

#7 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,807 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:08 PM

Hello Cutsiecurlie,

Did you do it? It is not as difficult as it seems.

Best regards

paypal.gif
Malware fix forum

#8 Cutsiecurlie

Cutsiecurlie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:23 PM

Hi guys I have windows 8.1 and my PC just won't get past the boot screen. It just goes black! I tried to attach a video to show what's going on but it wouldn't upload from my ipad. Usually the mouse shows up on the screen and jumps around the the internet connection button flashes at the bottom occasionally. But that is the only thing that happens!

!!!!! - I don't have any other computer to do a recovery CD or anything else - !!!!

What can I do to fix this without any other computer?

Edited by Cutsiecurlie, 07 March 2016 - 05:30 PM.

#9 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,807 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:20 PM

Do you have a USB ?
Are you  enter safe mode and please try ?

Boot into Safe Mode

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode.

• If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power.
  • Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.
  • Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
  • Ensure that the Safe Mode option is selected.
  • Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.
  • Login on your usual account.

Best regards

paypal.gif
Malware fix forum

#10 Cutsiecurlie

Cutsiecurlie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:28 PM

I can't do that F8 on windows 8.1
it won't let me.

#11 Cutsiecurlie

Cutsiecurlie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:03 PM

it won't let me.
im going to ask someone if I can use their computer

#12 Cutsiecurlie

Cutsiecurlie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:03 PM

it won't let me.
im going to ask someone if I can use their computer

#13 Cutsiecurlie

Cutsiecurlie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:07 PM

my internet security on my phone WILL NOT let me download the IMGBURN Download Link. even when I click "I want to visit the site anyways"

#14 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,807 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:20 PM

Take advantage of your friends' from computers in your environment.

======================================================

Try downloading the software to your USB
Which one of these software have on your computer.

FRTS software (Farbar Recovery) scanner, malwareBytes, CCleaner  ?? Which is there them ?

Best regards

paypal.gif
Malware fix forum

#15 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,807 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:23 PM

CD or DVD should be prepared in another clean computer.
Your computer may be virus.

Best regards

paypal.gif
Malware fix forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users