Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Build My Monster Desktop For gaming

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kristel1118

kristel1118

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:27 AM

I want to build my own desktop for gaming please suggest a build and as much as possible I want the cheapest but the outcome is monstrous desktop. thanks a lot!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,501 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:22 AM

For gaming, wait for Polaris or Pascal GPU's, much better than anything now available. Impossible to say when launched but between "couple of months and half year".

Edited by Drillingmachine, 29 February 2016 - 10:22 AM.

#3 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:18 PM

What is your budget? What games do you play?

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:01 PM

Yeah we need a budget.

If you're asking for what's the best price to performance budget for a new one, minus a screen and accessories, it'd be around 600$ give or take 20$ depending on price fluctuations between stores. FPS to dollar also scales evenly at 800$. 

That's 600$ of 100% new budget to FPS optimized parts though. So overclocking, mountains of storage, RGB lighting, a fancy looking futuristic case made of a single block of machined aluminium, and DVD drive- ECT, are all not used. Purely FPS oriented parts only... minus using a real case instead of bolting the thing to a piece of plywood. 25$ of that is on a cheap case. 

It'd be capable of playing almost every new AAA game. With the exceptions being games that don't run well to begin with and just use over powered $$$$ hardware to compensate for them being badly made. 

If you have a preference for AMD or Intel/Nvidia that'd be good to know. Surprisingly what one you use doesn't effect the overall FPS to dollar ratio. They both price products competitively with each other. 

Oh and that's USD for currency.

Can we have what country you'll be purchasing all this in? That can effect price in a serious way. 

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#5 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:32 AM

Adding to what @SEANIA said, what type of games do you plan on playing? Different genres are rougher on different parts of the PC.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#6 Guest_Seranok_*

Guest_Seranok_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:58 AM

I dont know people who use specific computers for specific games. It should be broad in general.

#7 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:05 AM

I dont know people who use specific computers for specific games. It should be broad in general.

which is why we asked the genre, not specific games. Some genres require less resources than others.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users