Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vistablet Company without website and not gave email response, driver question

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 964 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:42 PM

Vistablet is a company which makes  ( or did make ) drawing graphical pen and tablets, like "Penpad".   I had a question about possible driver for using this device in Windows 10, but when I try to visit their site  www.vistablet.net, the site is no longer.  I sent also an email message with the question but have not received anything in over a week.  This makes me think the company is not in business anymore and nobody has taken over their manufacture, development, support.  I have a disk with the driver to install and know it works in Windows Vista; maybe might also work in Windows 7, but I've no idea if the driver would be needed for use of the device in Windows 10 nor if W10 already has suitable driver available, nor if some driver from some source is available to download and will work in Windows 10.

Lost cause and be best to get some new Wacom pen & tablet?  Just try the Penpad on Window 10 and see if it works?  Alternative source for the needed downloadable driver for Penpad?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,444 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:41 PM

I would just try installing it and see what happens. At the worst you will get a message saying something like 'This device/application is not compatible with Win 10'. Or it may not work as well as you had hoped, or it might surprise you and work perfectly !

Chris Cosgrove

#3 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 964 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:04 PM

A little more information is: 

The Control Panel shows the name of the driver as USB Tablet Manager.  I tried an internet search but found nothing much help.  The driver comes from either aiptek or hitachi, and not much more could I find.  No sites that give any firm technical information on USB Tablet Manager.  The driver to install from the CD which came with the Vistablet PenPad has some complicated folder structure which I can of no sense make.

As said earlier, would USB Tablet Manager work in Windows 10, and or would it be unnecessary in Windows 10?

Edited by cafejose, 02 March 2016 - 10:08 PM.

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:03 AM

As said earlier, would USB Tablet Manager work in Windows 10, and or would it be unnecessary in Windows 10?

Did you try Chris' suggestion?  Nobody can say whether it will work or not.  That only way you will find out is to plug the bloody tablet in.  It's as simple as that.

#5 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 964 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:30 PM

Did you try Chris' suggestion?  Nobody can say whether it will work or not.  That only way you will find out is to plug the bloody tablet in.  It's as simple as that.

No, not yet tried.  When I tried just plugging in with Windows Vista without installing the driver, Windows choked for several minutes before installing its own onboard drivers, the device worked poorly, and Windows continued to have other problems until after unplugging the device and restarting, which is why I have tried internet search about any Penpad/Vistablet drivers for Windows 10, and why I asked about this here on bleeping computer forums instead of trying what Chris Cosgrove suggested.  "Bloody"?   Windows 10 was not available three or four years ago when I first tried the Vistablet Penpad.

#6 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:27 AM

...and why I asked about this here on bleeping computer forums instead of trying what Chris Cosgrove suggested.  "Bloody"?

You have to understand one thing - it's an old tablet.  Old like in ancient.  Since you can't find drivers your only recourse is to plug the tablet in and pray that it works.  Chris gave you that advice but you refuse to try it.  Instead, you want to stick around hoping someone has some better advice.  Well, I have some news for you - there is no better advice.

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

Before this topic gets out of hand and goes off the rails, I will remind everyone that sniping, snide insults, an argumentative tone, flame baiting, etc. is NOT allowed here at Bleeping Computer.

Please keep it civil. If you can't play nice with others you will find yourself locked out of the playground.

Find a way to agree to disagree without becoming antagonistic.

IF this topic continues to degenerate it WILL be closed.

#8 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 964 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 02:47 AM

I would just try installing it and see what happens. At the worst you will get a message saying something like 'This device/application is not compatible with Win 10'. Or it may not work as well as you had hoped, or it might surprise you and work perfectly !

Chris Cosgrove

Plugging in made Windows 10 make a brief musical sound and a keyboard icon appeared in the task tray, and the Penpad was ready to use, as tested on MS Paint.  No notifications about installing were shown, and no attempt to install the included driver which came with the purchased Penpad.  Windows 10 is already able to accept Penpad without anything further to do.  Just plugging in is needed, and nothing more.

#9 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:24 AM

Just plugging in is needed, and nothing more.

Which is exactly what Chris advised you to do.  Amen! :bowdown:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users