Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Files appended with.crypt

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Teratack

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:29 PM

My documents, pictures and pdf files have been renamed to same file name with .crypt appended to each file.  I tried to download the ID Tool, then read where site was down.  Can someone please tell me where to start with trying to get my files back? No backup, looks like all restore points have been deleted. Operating system is Windows XP Professional.  If I can get the pictures, and documents off, I don't mind formatting and reinstalling windows.  Was planning on installing Windows 7 anyway, but really need the bookkeeping files..... Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,733 posts
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:02 AM

You appear to be dealing with a variant of CryptInfinite Ransomware

Uniquekey@dr.com and crydhellsek@gmail.com encrypts your data and appends a .crypt, .pzdc, or .good extension to the end of each filename. cwall@dr.com is a newer variant which appends a .R16M01D05 extension to the end of each filename. These infections typically leave files (ransom notes) named Help_Decrypt.txt similar to CryptoWall.

There are ongoing discussions in these topics where you can ask questions and seek further assistance.From the above topics...possible decryptor solution is provided by Fabian Wosar in Post #34 and Post #5.Kaspersky Lab also has a utility called ScatterDecryptor utility that restores files only if the utility contains a certain Trojan-Ransom.BAT.Scatter modification's secret key. As of now, the utility contains keys for the files with the following extensions: .crypt, .pzdc, .good.

Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in that support topic discussion. Doing that will also ensure you receive proper assistance from our crypto malware experts since they may not see this thread. To avoid unnecessary confusion...this topic is closed.

The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users