Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Assembled Pc

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 q28

q28

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:56 PM

i want to replace my pc with new one but i prefer an "assmbled"one instead of buying a package but i have no idea what parts should i buy, im more on recording music and gaming as well.. and also im here in Japan, i can't speak their language, and they don't speak english, so it's very hard for me to comply with them, anyway my budget is 80000-10000 yen run about nearly 1000 usd. if i could have a list so i'll just give them to a computer shop here so they will just pick them up and assembled it without asking anything... that would be great! hoping 4 ur attention guys..tnx a lot :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:47 PM

If I understand right you want to know what parts to get and have them assemble at a computershop am I correct?

If so may I suggest you putting it together. You could order your parts online, have them shipped to Japan an assemble it yourself... Computers are easier to build then you think, you don't need a Computer Engineering degree to do it.

If you still don't want to the thing is if someone else or I right you a list and you print it off will they be able to understand the english components? May I suggest buying the parts, putting them in a nice cardboard box, walking over to the computer shop and figure out how to say "Assemble This" in Japanese, and then give money and take computer :thumbsup:

#3 nforce

nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:59 PM

I agree. Plus building your own system can be cheaper than buying a pre made one. For <$200, i made a nice sempron 2800, 1 gig ram, radeon 9600, etc. system. You could do a lot more with 1000 bucks. I guess the shipping would be quite a bit more though. You might just want to make a list and take it to a computer shop there because parts are generally the same everywhere and you would save the shipping costs. You would need english drivers and english OS though.

#4 q28

q28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:25 AM

yes, my problem is just im confused with the compatibilty of each part, like what knd of graphic card is compatible with the motherboard that im going to buy etc.. nforce did u assembled ur pc by yourself? im interested with your 200 $ pc thats saves a lot of my money.. sorry 4 my english guys im not very good in english i hope u'll undertand..

#5 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:00 AM

That's what we are here for :thumbsup: parts are pretty compatible... In the sense that alot of graphics cards are PCI-Express and alot of the motherboard now have a PCI-Express slot. So you have decent options. What I suggest you do is make a list of the parts you would like and post them here and we will be able to tell you if they are compatible.

BTW what is your native tongue? (You most used language...) I'm just curious...

Another thing is that we would need to find an online retailer that ships to Japan...

Edited by Klinkaroo, 01 August 2006 - 11:01 AM.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:51 PM

There's several sites on the web that list packages that you can assemble. One of them is here: http://arstechnica.com/guides/buyer/system-guide-200606.ars

They list 3 types of systems so that you have a choice of prices - and they've prescreened everything so that compatibility shouldn't be an issue.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 q28

q28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:52 AM

tnx again 4 helping guys! yah i gathered some info on web yesterday,but im still confused, this thing confuse me, motherboard ang cpu, theres lot of serials here that makes my mind twist.. :thumbsup: hehe.. anyway klinkaroo im a filipino, lot of filipino speak english well but im not one of them.. and that makes me sad.. tnx 4 the tym guys.. im getting closer to my dream pc.. tnx again

Edited by q28, 02 August 2006 - 07:58 AM.

#8 nforce

nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2006 - 01:11 AM

Yes, I did custom build my pc. Most of the parts were from ebay and I do wait for the best deals. I got a sempron 2800+ for $50, ecs nforce3-a motherboard for around $40, radeon 9600 for $50, gig of ram $50, a friend gave me a 120gb hard drive, and I had all the rest of the stuff already from a former computer build. Usually, if you want for-sure compatibility, you should buy it pre-made because you can run into a lot of problems when building it yourself. Especially when buying used stuff from ebay. I was lucky and everything is fine now. If you want to be adventurous and custom build, I would start with the motherboard or processor. I decided that for now, the socket 754 amd was a pretty good value right now but you might want to go with a newer slot. I got on ebay and found a good processor so then I needed to find a compatible motherboard. The nforce one just came up. It had pretty good overclocking tools and it was for the socket 754 processor. I actually got the video card a long time ago. It was an agp slot video card (not pci-e) so I also needed to make sure my mobo supported that slot. The ram was the hardest part of my build. I found out that the nforce3-a mobo does support high-density ram and that saved me about $20. High density ram is generally less expensive but works on fewer motherboards. I found a nice 1 gig stick and now I have a pretty nice, reasonably priced system thats able to play oblivion on medium settings. The next upgrade will probably be a new video card but I will probably keep my motherboard and just get a nice new agp card instead of pci-e. I think pci-e is over-rated, but it doesn't really matter. Sorry this is a late post (and long) and hope it still helps.

#9 q28

q28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:25 AM

hey nforce tnx 4 the tips! that would help.. anyway theres another thing i would like to ask, im also planning to upgrade this pc that im using now 4 a recording pc (not 4 gaming,networking etc.. but just 4 recording purpose) but i have no idea what will fit,so if u can help me find my way,here i listed down the details of my pc,i don't know what to put here,but i just checked everest for the infos, so if there something that i missed to put just let me know.. :thumbsup:

CPU type : Intel Celeron 600 mhz ( i want 2 replace this to a higher one, but not that high and expensive, more than 2 ghz will do and also compatible with my mobo)
MOBO :
name: unknown
chipset: Sis 630
( if necessesarily, i will just stick to this one)
SYSTEM MEMORY : 311 MB (SDRAM)
(is there a higher memory than 256MB on PC133?)
BIOS TYPE: Award modular
IDE Controller : SiS PCI IDE controller
HARDDRIVE : Quantum fireball (19 GB, 4500 RPM, ultra-ATA/66)
(i want to ask if there is also a compatibility here? or anything will do?)
SOUNDCARD: SiS 7018 audio accelerator
(well i think this is one of the most improtant in recording, so i will change it 4 better performance)

any recommendation or suggestion? tnx! :huh:

#10 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2006 - 11:45 AM

I guessing you are talking about Studio Sound Recording?

Second of all not everything will do. Especially with an older computer.

Also if there is only a 600MHz processor I would dought that you could get one over 2GHz to work with that motherboard.

#11 nforce

nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:08 PM

I think that older system is just about as good as you could get. Any upgrades would be pointless. This is just a complete guess, but for a motherboard that old, the fastest processor would probably only be MAYBE 1 ghz. Also, there is 512mb sticks of pc100\pc133 ram, but it is only compatible with the newest old motherboards. Make sense? Anyway, yours probably wouldn't support it. Only 256mg sticks probably. All in all, good luck on your next system and its not worth it to upgrade your current one. (It should be good enough for recording though)

#12 q28

q28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:57 AM

ok tnx man! greatly appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users