Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop/Notebook temperature while gaming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Monkeysaur

Monkeysaur

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:44 PM

Hi,

I am using a Sony Vaio Pro 13:

i5 4200U CPU @ 1.60Ghz   2.29Ghz

with

Intel HD 4400 Integrated Graphics

I decided to check the temperatures because my laptop was feeling a little hot and I don't want to damage it. I ran speedfan but I'm not entirely sure what it's telling me, or what temperatures are ideal/problematic.

According to speedfan, when I am running the game:

HD0 = 32c

Temp1 = 62c

Core0 = 37c

Core1 = 38c

I'm not too concerned as I'm pretty sure I've felt it hotter than this, but it got me wondering what temps I should look out for? Especially if I try to run more demanding games.  I assume it's the integrated graphics which is represented by Temp1? is 62c an Ok temp for that?

What would be considered too hot for this machine?

I've tried looking this up and all I can find is that my i5 processor has a max temp of 100c, although that's not the GPU which is what I assume is getting hot, also I'm not sure if that still applies with this machine because it's very slim and I guess everything is pretty close together.

Thanks for any help/guidance you can give.

EDIT: Got up to 66c just now, but that is while plugged in, and that is the highest I've seen it. Thanks.

Edited by Monkeysaur, 28 February 2016 - 02:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:51 PM

You really shouldn't worry unless it gets above 80C. Those temps are normal.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Monkeysaur

Monkeysaur
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:16 AM

You really shouldn't worry unless it gets above 80C. Those temps are normal.

Ok, that's great, thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users