Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Should My Temps Be At?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mark hayenga

Mark hayenga

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:40 PM

I recently made a lot of changes to my machine, mostly aimed at making it as quiet as possible. New PSU, new case fans, new CPU HSF, new graphics card HSF, etc. Everything was stock, everything new is nice stuff (Zalman mostly) operating in silent mode.

The system is an Athlon XP 2200+ (1.8GHz) with a FSB of 133MHz. What diode/socket/case temps should I be reading, or are generally considered good/acceptable? I am using Motherboard Monitor 5 to check the temps. Thanks!

Edited by Mark hayenga, 31 July 2006 - 07:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:48 PM

May I suggest you run Everest Home Edition and post your computer temperatures for us to check out.

Download

Edited by Klinkaroo, 31 July 2006 - 10:48 PM.

#3 nforce

nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:49 PM

A lot of amd mobos have the built in pc health thing where it will shut down when it gets to a certain temp. It claims my sempron 2800+ can run fine up to 70 and its usually less than 40. With the nice zalman fans, you should be fine. Posting your temperatures when your system is doing a stress test or something would help.

#4 Mark hayenga

Mark hayenga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 04:14 AM

Everest and MBM5 give me the same results:

CPU Socket 42C average
CPU Diode 39C average
Hard Drive 37C average
Case 30C average

I'll run CPU Burn-In for a while and see what happens. They don't increase much IIRC. This is with everything in silent mode. I don't have a way to measure graphics card temp b/c my graphics card mfg disabled temp sensing to discourage overclocking (I could flash its BIOS to undo that, but don't want to unless I start experiencing glitches).

#5 disneycast

disneycast

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:02 AM

first off what's your mobo

#6 Mark hayenga

Mark hayenga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:57 AM

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe 2.0

#7 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:48 AM

Those temps look fine.

Mine are:
Motherboard 38 C (100 F)
CPU 49 C (120 F)
Aux 69 C (156 F)
GPU 53 C (127 F)
GPU Ambient 38 C (100 F)
WDC WD800JB-00FMA0 33 C (91 F)

But I think they are a little high... and you are running lower then mine...

Edited by Klinkaroo, 01 August 2006 - 10:51 AM.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:49 PM

Generally a CPU below 50 degrees Celcius is doing just fine. But some (like the P4 Prescotts) will get a bit higher without any problems.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users