Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Spyware

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 craig245

craig245

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:34 PM

hi everyone,i'm new here and have a pretty big problem with my pc.in the lower right hand corner of the screen i keep getting this little yellow triangle that pops up and say (system alert your computer has been infected with spyware click here to find out how to get rid of this) ive run spysweeper and ad aware and windows defender and none of these programs can get rid of this.i have and only use fire fox, however i keep gettin pop ups under internet explorer. dont know how to get rid of this (i think)trojan or spyware
can anybody here please help.
also ive ran all these programs in safe mode.im also using windows xp

Edited by craig245, 31 July 2006 - 07:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 craig245

craig245
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:36 PM

mods can you move this to the right area please,thanks

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:37 PM

Have you clicked on the block pop-ups under tools and options in FireFox and in IE?

Do you use a firewall? With mine you can configure it to not allow that stuff in. Also, clear out your Firefox and IE cache, temporary files, and all off-line content.

Spywareblaster is a good program for blocking a lot of that stuff from getting on your computer in the first place. You can find it here: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html and instructions for how to use it here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/use-spywareblaster-to-protect-your-computer/

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:16 AM

Hello craig 245

This issue may need to be looked at more deeply. It may very well involve hidden trojan's and malware on your system.

Please read 'Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log '

Once you have done that, post a High-Jack-This log into the HJT forum section. It maytake a little time in order to fix your problem, depending on the strength of infection. But, a team member there will talk you through what to do and help you fix your system.

The forum is always busy, and so are the HJT team, so please bare with them. Allow up to 5 days for a reply. If you recieve nothing after the 5 days, you can use the 'Have not had a reply in 5 days' log at the top of the HJT forum to let the team know.

Please DO NOT try to bump your post by adding another reply to it first time around. The team will look for logs that have 0 replies, if you add somthing else after your original post, then you will give yourself a reply and the HJT team will think someone is already helping you and ignor it. Also, once you have posted your log, do not attempt to fix anything yourself. Doing so will only confuse things, so just wait for the team to help.

Good luck

Regards
Graveangel!

Edited by graveangel, 01 August 2006 - 10:22 AM.

....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#5 redrac

redrac

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:05 AM

I had the same thing about 4 months ago on 2 different computers it turned out to be about 5 different programs spytrooper was one of them the really hard culprit was atmclk.exe that I could not get rid of by deleteing or running about 30 different programs. the only thing that I found that worked was prevx and no I am not pushing software but it worked where nothing else would. It is free for 60 days it worked for me.

www.prevx.com

good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users