Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Could not start .exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DJ249810

DJ249810

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:57 AM

Hello everyone,

I have downloaded a few weeks ago a ".reg" file to patch a program. This .reg have changed some on my system register and now i can't open a lot of .exe file, all of these says: "extended attributes are inconsistent". I have tried a lot of anti-malware software but the situation is the same. What could i do?

Thanks everyone and sorry for bad English

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:27 AM

Hello DJ249810:

:welcome: to the Bleeping Computer Forums.  My name is Phil and I will attempt to help you with your problem.  If you would permit it, I would like to address you by your first name.

What .reg file did you download, and from where?  Do you still have it?  Did you do a registry backup before you patched the registry?

Please provide some information about your computer and the operating system.

Do you have any restore points from before you did the registry patch?  Do you have any full system backup images that you could restore from?

Since the problem started after you patched the registry, it is more likely that your issue is registry-related, rather than malware-related.

Sorry for so many questions, but I need more information to determine the best way to resolve your problem.

Have a great day, despite your computer issues.

Regards,

-Phil

Member of the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:22 AM

If you still have the reg file or know where to get it, it will be easy to reverse the changes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users