I'm about to setup a new desktop for myself for the first time in 7 years. It'll probably last me for another 7. Does anyone have any suggestions on things to add to / remove from / substitute from this list of software to install? Some of these have been with me for 14 years, so I would not be surprised if there are better versions out there. I mainly plan on using the computer for Reddit, Youtube, Starcraft, music, occasional photo editing and spreadsheets. You can pretty much get the picture from the following list of software. Thank you all for any help.
- AVG Antivirus
- CC Cleaner
- Firefox with Adblocker
- Driver Booster
- Game Booster (temporarily shuts down unneeded tasks)
- Drop box
- Nero (burning software)
- Cloudberry (accessing Amazon Glacier)
- Starcraft 2
- Microsoft Office Starter Pack (I'd like full version, but this is free)
- VLC Player
- Kodak EasyShare Software (I use this for cleaning up photos. Got it in 2002. I feel like there must be a better option out there)
- IrFan View (for more advanced image editing. Infrequently used)
Final question, would there be any advantage to installing Malwarebytes in addition to Spybot, AVG and CCCLeaner, or is that redundant?