Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Drivers Found

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 terryco

terryco

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:35 PM

My son has an emachine laptop. i replaced the Hard drive a few months ago and its been working fine. One day it wouldn't start, he  heard something ratling inside and the Hard drive had come away from the fitting. I put it back and now it wont start. I get " Check cable connection pxe-mof existing intel pxe rom no bootable device. Insert disc and press any key". I put the Windows 7 disc in the tray and pressed "Install Now" I thought i'd reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 7 as he was getting lots of infections and popups. I get the message "We cannot find any drives. to get a storage driver click load driver. I press browse and i think ive tried every option but it still cannot find any drivers. There are other options like repair and ive tried those. If anyone can help me i would be grateful. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:47 PM

I'd remove and connect hard drive to another computer to see if it's working.

#3 terryco

terryco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:08 PM

Ive sorted my problem. The Hard drive wont stay in its holder. As soon as i screw the flap down and turn the laptop over it comes loose.. I have wedged it in with some paper and its now ok. Thanks

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2016 - 03:40 PM

I suspected that it might have to do with the hard drive but I'm glad you solve the problem.

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:55 PM

Ive sorted my problem. The Hard drive wont stay in its holder. As soon as i screw the flap down and turn the laptop over it comes loose.. I have wedged it in with some paper and its now ok. Thanks

I love low tech solutions to high tech problems :thumbup2:

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,209 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:57 PM

I too like a good bodge, but there is usually a screw under the cover which holds the drive in place. Did you replace it or do you now have a small unidentified screw rolling around the house ?

Chris Cosgrove

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,587 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:18 PM

I would like the OP to confirm it but if the emachines was an older model the drive was possibly 9.5mm thick. Newer laptop drives are 7mm thick. Maybe the paper was needed to shim the drive.

JTWCK.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users