Do not use any other tools without telling us first
Please download UNHIDE by BleepingComputer to your desktop.
Unhide is a program that reverts back the changes made to your files and Windows Registry by the rogue.FakeHDD family of rogue anti-spyware program. This family of malware pretends to be a hard disk repair and system optimization program for Windows.
- Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
- Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click on AdwCleaner and select Run As Administrator
- Click on the Scan button.
- AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
- The contents of the log file may be confusing, but unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it.
- If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
- Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
Can you now download MiniToolBox to the desktop ?
If you can, please tick these boxes
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
- Click Go and a Notepad page should soon open
Untick any items in Format then, Copy and Paste your result back here.
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop
Start Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
- On the Dashboard tab, click the Update Now button, to update the definitions to the latest version.
- In the window that appears, check the box next to Scan for Rootkits. Also, select all drives, except for CD/DVD-drives. After you have done this,
- Click Start Scan.
- Follow the instructions given by Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
- If any items were found during the scan process, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will ask you what you want to do with those items. Please quarantine all items.
- It's possible the program asks you for permission to restart the computer. If so, please allow MBAM to do so immediately.
- Save the logfile in txt-format and copy/paste it in your next reply.
- Note: If you can't find the logfile, look at the "History" tab. Select the most recent logfile (you can see the creation date in the log's title).
Edited as I left the wrong reset details.
Edited by Jaycan, 02 March 2016 - 02:58 PM.