Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

copy & paste from gmail into spreadsheet not working

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:04 AM

The system is notebook computer with Windows Vista, Microsoft Works v 9 and using the spreadsheet application, browsers Firefox and a chrome type browser.  I try to highlight an email address from an email in Gmail and paste into a cell of a spreadsheet document (using MS Works v 9), but it does not work; no paste of the text occurs; the menu under Edit neither shows Paste as active (it appearing grey, not black).  Not any different using Firefox versus chrome type browser. 

On the other hand, I can Paste the attempted copy of the email address into Notepad, click Edit, click on Select All, click on Copy,  and then I CAN paste this into a cell of the spreadsheet document. 

What might be wrong?  What should I look for ?  How can I remedy this?  This problem has been happening for about a month now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users