Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installating Cyberlink software, will the system requirements work?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 LouiseTopp

LouiseTopp

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:52 PM

I'm going to put Cyberlink power Director 13 onto my HP Pavilion laptop this weekend. Mylaptop has 8gb with 2TB and is an i5, running windows 10 with 64 bit chip. 

Requirements for Cyberlink are:

Cyberlink requires 1gb

2gb DDR2 (whatever that is) althrough I'm not going to do HD or blue ray

6gb or above for 64 bit OS system

7gb for product installation

This is very confusing. It works just about on my Windows 7 PC which has a 32 bit OS, (until I have to put transistions between the clips then the problems begin). Eg: A horrible buzzing noise, and it's slow as buggery on my PC.

What I would like to know is if my laptop would be capable of handling this?

After this I'm going to probably look at another video editing package.

Many thnks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:44 PM

You should be fine, however there are better things to play DVD's and Blu rays with.

VLC is the swiss army knife of media players and can play DVD's back by default in windows 10

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:02 PM

On all my Win7pro computers, I have installed numerous Cyberlink products, including Power Director 12 [and now 13].  I have not had the greatest success learning how to and actually editing video clips.  WaveEditor for audio has worked just fine.  I'm trying to remember if downloading and installing the updates; and/or uninstalling/reinstalling PD12 helped me way back when.  I mention the above 'cause I thought I read you were editing clips.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:40 PM

I am with MadmanRB.  I would need a very good reason to buy Cyberlink software.

#5 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:04 AM

I am with MadmanRB.  I would need a very good reason to buy Cyberlink software.

Well, one very good reason is that the thread starter is already using Cyberlink Power Director 13 for the editing of video clips; thread starter is asking for help in getting PD13 working better.

Louise, have you already uninstalled/reinstalled Power Director 13?  Were there any updates for PD13?

Edited by RolandJS, 27 February 2016 - 06:08 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

#6 LouiseTopp

LouiseTopp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:11 AM

however there are better things to play DVD's and Blu rays with.

I don't want to play DVD's, I'd like to edit clips and play them on a DVD player. 

Louise, have you already uninstalled/reinstalled Power Director 13?  Were there any updates for PD13?

Yes I took it off my pc because it wouldn't work properly.  Not asure about update, where can I find that please?

Can you also recommend another video editing software package like Cyberlink please?  :)

#7 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:02 AM

Louise, I'm hoping you were trying the Trial Version, and did not pay for it!  I don't have any recommendations, 'cause I am not a good video editor.  Now, if you were editing audio WAV or mp3s -- that I could help you with  :)

I'm guessing Madman and Agouti can give you very good recommendations on video editing software; they appear to me to be very much in the know!  :)

#8 Curly56

Curly56

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:31 PM

Hi, Louise,

I am running Win10 pro and home x64 on 2 different PCs. I am also using an older version of Power Director (8.0) on both, which runs fine on my Win10 home PC, but refused to install on the pro; so on the pro I installed a virtual machine (VM Ware Player) first, and in this environment the old PD version could be installed and is running now, too.

Since you did not post your Win10 version I don't know whether this might help your problem as posted, especially since you also use a newer version of PD, but it is something to possibly look into.

Greetings from Germany,

Curly

P.S.: I just re-read your threadstarting line, and yes, you have Win10 x64, but home or pro? Makes a big difference, as I mentioned above!

Your system as listed has enough power to run PD effectively - which is a very great tool, I like it very much myself, serves all my needs!

I'll be glad to answer more questions to a "neighbour" ...

Edited by Curly56, 27 February 2016 - 07:41 PM.

#9 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,334 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:10 AM

Louise:

I am a long time PowerDirector user, since Version 9.  I was running PD13 when I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 x64 Pro, via a clean install, and found out that PD13 did not want to run on it, so I upgraded to PD14 and all is good.  I am a daily visitor to the PD Forums.  Some users have on the PD Forums have reported no problems with PD13 and Windows 10.  Perhaps that has something to do with whether you are running Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Home, as has been suggested here.

Your computer specs are fine for DVD production.  An i5 is tad minimal for editing HD video (Blu-ray), but since you are not going to be editing HD video, I think you should have a satisfactory, though not fast, editing experience with PD.  Just don't be surprised if PD13 experiences "issues" with Windows 10.  Cyberlink only guarantees that PD14 will work with Windows 10.

Hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Member of the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#10 LouiseTopp

LouiseTopp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:30 AM

Louise, I'm hoping you were trying the Trial Version, and did not pay for it!

I did at lasy years photography show in Birmingham.  this is what worries me, that their selling customers something this year which is, or will shortey be out of date.  I have learned my lesson....

Guten tag Curly, wie ghet est ihnen?
P.S.: I just re-read your thread starting line, and yes, you have Win10 x64, but home or pro?

Not sure, how do I check please? :)

I think you should have a satisfactory, though not fast, editing experience with PD

I don't mind as long as it works.  It's terrible on my PC which runs windows 7 home premium (I should have entioned)
Might have to get 14 if the silly thing won't work.

One question I would like to add is.  If I save my saved project onto a memory stick, after installing Cyberlink, will that be possible to open from the stick onto the programme?

Many thanks.

PS.  Just had to answer via Firefox, as edge wouldn't et me reply.

Edited by LouiseTopp, 28 February 2016 - 07:31 AM.

#11 Curly56

Curly56

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:07 AM

Hi, Louise,

to find out your version go to the info-center, all settings, system, info.

Generally it should not be a problem to transfer a project with a memory stick. But: unless it is not finished yet in a output file like .mp4, the files inserted into the project (pics, clips, movies, etc) usually are linked, not embedded, so if you move your project to a different computer, the project cannot find these files anymore, if they are not stored in the same location or path as on the first computer.

The best way to buy the newest version is usually through the cyberlink homepage, just download the installation file for the newest product, check the payment conditions, they will mail you a product key so you can activate your product, and you will be entitled to all further updates.

Greetings, Curly

P.S.: If the system runs slow during producing the project, try to disable your antivirus program for that time, and of course disable your internet while the av is off!

#12 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:22 AM

"...that their selling customers something this year which is, or will shortly be out of date..."  -- Louise

I'm not sure how this is Cyberlink's fault.  All 3rd party vendors, including Cyberlink, have to keep up with Microsoft's Windows, Windows, and more Windows [whether editions or versions or updates, etc etc etc].  All 3rd party vendors try their best to make their products work on not only Microsoft's latest Windows, but also on at least 2-3 previous Windows.

Edited by RolandJS, 28 February 2016 - 10:22 AM.

#13 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,334 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:24 AM

Louise:

The normal release date for new PowerDirector versions is around September each year.  So PD14 will, in all probability, be the current version until the autumn of this year.

The best bet to transfer your project is to load it into your PD13, and then under the "File" menu, select "Pack Project".  All of the project files and the .pds script file will be saved to the location (drive/folder) that you specify.

If it were me, before I opened the project again in PD14, I would copy the "Pack Project" files to a folder on your hard disk for the duration of your editing.  That will be much faster than reading and writing a USB flash drive.  Previous versions of PD project files are compatible with PD14, but PD14 project files cannot be read by earlier versions of PD.

Hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Member of the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users