Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck on blue screen . HELP !

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 kendra23

kendra23

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:34 PM

Last Friday I was working on someone's laptop because it was running slow. I checked for any Windows Updates that it needed and installed them. It restarted and then it went to Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer for some reason? So I let it do its thing and when it was finished it came to the login page like it normally would. I typed in the password and it loaded to a black screen so I didn't see the desktop like I would before this problem occurred. So I panicked and I shut it down by pressing down the power button.

When I turned it back on it displayed a blue screen error message. It says _PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Then at the bottom it says STOP: 0x00000050. I am not sure what to do and why it is doing this. Would you think the virus protection may be the reason why it started acting weird in the beginning and when I performed windows update it somehow became a problem with the virus protection software uploaded on the laptop? She has avast! Just was curious because that was the last thing I did while I was working on it.

I tried starting windows normally and safe mode and I had no success. Yesterday I tried Repair your computer option and went into System Recovery Options. I tried system repair and no success. I tried system restore and system image recovery and it said I didn't have a restore point. However, when I first chose the Repair your computer option it opened up a window and I chose what country I live and then another window popped up and I saw the username. I did not recognize the first option they had so I chose the one I knew. Should I have chosen the first username option instead of the I picked and did the System Recovery Options with that? Oh and I almost forgot I also did Windows Memory Diagnostic and still on the blue screen.

It does not restart when I see the blue screen it is still. Like it doesn't move. Can someone please help me? I can't get past it even to the login page and desktop. If someone can please help, I would greatly appreciate it! 

The laptop is a Lenovo B575, Windows 7 Home Premium. If that helps.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaz20

kaz20

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:38 PM

Last Friday I was working on someone's laptop because it was running slow. I checked for any Windows Updates that it needed and installed them. It restarted and then it went to Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer for some reason? So I let it do its thing and when it was finished it came to the login page like it normally would. I typed in the password and it loaded to a black screen so I didn't see the desktop like I would before this problem occurred. So I panicked and I shut it down by pressing down the power button.

When I turned it back on it displayed a blue screen error message. It says _PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Then at the bottom it says STOP: 0x00000050. I am not sure what to do and why it is doing this. Would you think the virus protection may be the reason why it started acting weird in the beginning and when I performed windows update it somehow became a problem with the virus protection software uploaded on the laptop? She has avast! Just was curious because that was the last thing I did while I was working on it.

I tried starting windows normally and safe mode and I had no success. Yesterday I tried Repair your computer option and went into System Recovery Options. I tried system repair and no success. I tried system restore and system image recovery and it said I didn't have a restore point. However, when I first chose the Repair your computer option it opened up a window and I chose what country I live and then another window popped up and I saw the username. I did not recognize the first option they had so I chose the one I knew. Should I have chosen the first username option instead of the I picked and did the System Recovery Options with that? Oh and I almost forgot I also did Windows Memory Diagnostic and still on the blue screen.

It does not restart when I see the blue screen it is still. Like it doesn't move. Can someone please help me? I can't get past it even to the login page and desktop. If someone can please help, I would greatly appreciate it! 

The laptop is a Lenovo B575, Windows 7 Home Premium. If that helps.

Here this should help you out.  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2719594

#3 kendra23

kendra23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:29 PM

Thank you. It sounds great but do I need to be connected to the Internet? In other words, would I need to be able to get in the desktop and click on the internet browser to download? If so, I am not able to download the hotfix because I can't get to the desktop and access the programs on there. I'm typing this from my laptop since I can't do so on hers.

Edited by kendra23, 26 February 2016 - 03:30 PM.

#4 Brendan2016

Brendan2016

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:56 PM

I would also recommend removing Avast antivirus. As antivirus software can also cause this screen to appear 

Edited by Brendan2016, 26 February 2016 - 09:57 PM.

#5 kendra23

kendra23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:50 PM

Please read what I had said. I am not able to see the log in page, I am not able to see the desk, I can't get to the internet. I'm stuck on a blue screen. I will thank you for your suggestion and I will try it but I need to make it to the login part first. And I can't make it there, it won't go there.  Is there any suggestion on what I can do to get me to the login page? 

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:59 PM

Do you have another computer available with Windows 7?  Create a System Repair Disk. Boot the disk and do a System Restore to a date before you did the updates. 

66b9e3c2-bb67-47bf-802c-b753b54bcc19_48.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:52 PM

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location. (By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop)
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 kendra23

kendra23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:46 AM

Do you have another computer available with Windows 7?  Create a System Repair Disk. Boot the disk and do a System Restore to a date before you did the updates. 

66b9e3c2-bb67-47bf-802c-b753b54bcc19_48.

No, I don't. Mine is a Windows 8.  There are two laptops in the home.  Is there anything I can do? 

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:10 PM

I would follow usamsa's suggestions. 

#10 kendra23

kendra23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:46 PM

I would try his method but it sounds like I need to perform that on her computer which I cannot do. I can't access the desktop and internet on her laptop. Unless there is something I'm not understanding? Please let me know.  Right now I am typing this from my laptop not hers.

Would last known good configuration be good to try? Would it affect anything that is on her laptop or will it harm anything? If it would work would I have to delete any files or anything?  Please let me know. Thank you. 

#11 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:39 PM

If you can't get to the Desktop, then there's not much that we can do.

You can copy the memory dumps from the C:\Windows\Minidump folder, zip them up and post them here for us to have a look at.

But, it's likely that you're going to have to reinstall Windows.

Can you backup their data?

Do they have recovery media to reinstall Windows?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#12 kendra23

kendra23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:34 PM

How do you copy the memory dumps and zip them? Am I able to do that with Command Prompt? 

#13 Kelz Clive

Kelz Clive

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:10 PM

How do you copy the memory dumps and zip them? Am I able to do that with Command Prompt? 

I read that you tried booting into safe mode, try safe mode with command prompt. Otherwise if you have a Win 7 disk try the command prompt there. You can also try an offboot sfc from the Win 7 disk if that would help.

#14 kendra23

kendra23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:04 PM

Okay thank you for the advice. :)  I have another question since I've been searching through google. I came across an article that mentioned what is relatable to mine but I'm a bit confused on what he means. Maybe you or someone knows what's he is meaning? Here's what it says. 

"If you get this particular stop code on startup of Windows 7 on a Lenovo laptop, I have good news!

Your computer is not dead, and you don’t have to reinstall Windows.
This problem is caused by some sort of conflict between Windows updates and the Lenovo Boot Optimizer.

The simple solution is to boot into the recovery environment (aka startup repair) and choose advanced options.
In the list will be Command Prompt.
At the prompt, change to your Windows drive (this may be different, some systems it is C:, others D:, E:, etc. it will be the drive letter that has a Windows, Users, and Program Files directory) and change directories to windows\system32\drivers\ (e.g. cd C:\windows\system32\drivers).
Rename the fbfmon.sys file to fbfmon.old (or whatever) by typing ‘ren fbfmon.sysfbfmon.old’.

Exit the recovery environment. Once you have booted into Windows, uninstall Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer." 

#15 Kelz Clive

Kelz Clive

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:20 PM

fbfmon.sys is part of Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer. IF this is what's causing your BSOD then renaming it will stop it from booting with your system. Try my advise first, if that doesn't work, then try renaming the fbfmon.sys file to fbfmon.old using the directions you posted. Sometimes when using recovery consoles in command prompt you will notice that the prompt is X:\ instead of C:\. if this is the case then start by typing cd C: hit enter and you will notice the X: changed to a C: type "dir" (without the quotes) if windows is listed, then you are on the right path, if it's not, then try D: etc.until you get to the drive letter where windows is located.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users