Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is There A Tip...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Marauder

Marauder

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:28 PM

Ok, here's the deal:

I was removing all of the music files from the library in my media player(MusicMatch Jukebox) and, without realising it, clicked the "Also send the selected files to the Recycle Bin." I only figured out that I'd done this when I went to add them back into the library and my My Music folder was empty. I have... had... A little over 1300 music files. When I went to the Recycle Bin to restore them, I only got around 700 back.

PLEASE, does anyone know how to get the other half back??

...or if there is any way to get the other half back.

I know there probably isn't, I'm just grasping at straws here.

Edited by Marauder, 31 July 2006 - 04:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:52 PM

Hi there,
there is a program that i know of that will do this for you... but it's not a free program :thumbsup:
Here's the link to the download page.... Undelete 5 Professional Edition
All the info is on the download page.
Maybe someone else can tell you a 'free' way to do it.
Good luck.

BBPP6nz.png

#3 Marauder

Marauder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:43 AM

I... I think I love you. :thumbsup:

Seriously man, thanks a million bagillion times. You don't know how much heart and head ache you've saved me.

#4 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:07 AM

No problem, just glad that i could help you. :thumbsup:

BBPP6nz.png

#5 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:04 PM

Doesn't Norton have a feature that does that?

#6 Seth_z

Seth_z

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:40 AM

If your worried about doing that again and you have room on your hard drive, you could expand the allowed space for your recycling bin that way it won't just delete the files over that amount. But, if you bought that program, you don't have to worry that much about it. Good thing about a program like that is if you delete something off a thumb drive (which deletes it automatically), you can usually restore it. Need to work fast though, thumbs drives are still relatively small, so it's easy to over write those files!

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:43 PM

Some other options:

Free: http://www.pcinspector.de
Pay: http://www.runtime.org (the recovery program is GetDataBack)
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users