Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Monitor Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Doghman

Doghman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:04 PM

Hi, I'm having a problem with my monitor and/or computer. Whenever my computer restarts or goes to sleep, when I wake it up or turn it on, the monitor stays off. So, I have to do this one fix that I saw on YouTube in which you take the ram out of the computer and put it back in. I do that and it works but when the computer restarts or goes to sleep, I have to keep doing that fix. I have a Dell 24 inch monitor and it is new and I recently bought it. The monitor is not faulty because this problem also happened on my older monitor so it is probably the computers fault. Also, before half the thread asks, no, my computer is not overheating. I game on this PC and I have an AMD R7 370 and 8GBs of Ram. Please someone help as soon as possible because I have to keep sleep mode off on my computer and never restart it. If you need more information, I will happily provide it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Markimoo

Markimoo

• Banned
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:14 AM

Hello and :welcome:,

Are your videocard drivers up-to-date? You can find them here with some searching. This drivers are for Windows 7 64 bit.

Please someone help as soon as possible because I have to keep sleep mode off on my computer and never restart it.

Also, you are never restarting your computer? How do you update?

Edited by Markimoo, 26 February 2016 - 05:17 AM.

#3 Doghman

Doghman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:46 AM

I stopped restarting my computer 2 days ago and I've downloaded all the windows updates. My AMD drivers are also up to date and there are no more windows updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users