Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Weird bug.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kincho

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:52 PM

Heres the situation :

A couple of days ago , while i was using Skype, some random messages began to appear on my chat box ( personal info ) . I thought this was just a macro I had set up , but it wasn't . I checked all my macros , none were set to those type of things written on my screen . It happened at 6:21pm ( important info , you'll see why later ). Couple days later , while playing an online game, the same messages kept appearing on my screen , once again around 6:21 pm . This time i noticed something ; they were my sisters credit card information ,and some excel formula . She confirmed to me , that she had in no way , have used my computer . I told her to change all her passwords , and personal info , which she did on her Smartphone . I asked around some friends  , and followed some intructions they gave me ; run a full virus scan , and malware scan on both smartphones and personal pc , Which I did , everything came out clean. I changed my routers settings , password  ,etc.. A day later , the issue seemed to be resolved... So i thought...

Today at 6:22 pm , the text began to appear once again , but this time, it was writting the NEW information  ( passwords ) my sister had setup a couple days earlier.

Now I'm scared. 

Here's what I have done so far:

Avast ; Full pc scan 

Antimalware : Full scan

Fresh windows install

Full modem / router reset 

Running windows 8.1 

I took some videos so it might help out :

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

*EDIT: I meant to write in the title : Weird virus... bad habit , too much gaming.

Edited by kincho, 25 February 2016 - 07:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users