Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 8 problem help mmeeeeeee

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FREAKINA

FREAKINA

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 25 February 2016 - 06:59 PM

its a friends computer. he came to me for help. here the problem

when you get into the desktop. you are attacked by dozens notifications from action center  telling you to establish a security program. there are a crap ton of updates to be done. once i got it all sorted it out. i restarted for all the updates to take place and... guess what happened??? i logined back on AAAAAANNNND it was reverted back to what it was before. its never ending cycle of notifications. icant get any where

im able to enter and use programs and chrome. but when i try to make changes

i.e. delete/install programs/files, do updates, scans/cleans.

When i try to do those type of changes THEN restart the computer all my progress all my changes are reverted back to what they where before. so i cant update because i need to restart for changes to take effect. after the restart all the progress is back to square one.

also i cant do a system reset or refresh or even boot into safe mode. i try to select one of those options and it just restarts the comouter putting me back into windows 8 start up/metro menu. or i click on it and it just doesnt do anything. 

next i cant shut the computer down properly. shutdowning just restarts the computer. i can use the external power button/switch to smother the computer to power down. but using the options in windows  doesnt shut it down. just restarts.

im in the admin account, im the only user. i have checked the power buttons in control panel. switched and made sure each button is correct.

BUT REMEMBER the thing is when i try to 'shut down' or 'restart' all my changes and progress is back to what it was before. and yes i know you need to click apply the changes before you click out. so i can change everything to the correct setting but once its restarted all the progress is gone. its an endless loop.

im just done. i got nothing. dont know what i need to do. sorry if i seem rude. im just dead. working on this computer for 3 days straight. ive read everything. 'done everything' but theres no info on this problem. starting to run in circles.

please help me. 

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 25 February 2016 - 07:21 PM.
Moved from Win 8/8.1 to 'Am I infected?'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FREAKINA

FREAKINA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:05 PM

yeah thanks for the help. i just threw it out the window. 5th story. its aaaaaaallll taken care of! (:

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:48 PM

Wow you waited a whole hour !! Glad it's solved.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users