Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SYSTEM NOT POSTING AFTER 2 MONTHS OF OPERATING

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tetraomare

Tetraomare

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:08 PM

so I have had my computer now for about 2 months no problems. So I go to leave to go do something with my mom and I come back and I press spacebar and the system boots up and I start to play with the fans. I play with the first one then I go to the second one not spinning go to the third one not spinning. I then go to my mouse and keyboard not lighting up and monitor not receiving a signal. Please I really want to get back my computer instead of this crappy laptop

PC Specs:

R9 390 MSI

i5 Devil's Canyon 4690K overclocked to 4.4 Ghz

EVGA 750G2 80+ Gold

CoolerMaster Hyper T4

3TB Seagate Hard Drive

ASUS ODD

ASRock Fatal1ty Killer Z97

8GB G.Skill Ram Overclocked to 2400

Cosair Carbide Spec - 01

ASUS 24" inch 2ms Monitor

Apevica 120mm fan red

Corsair 120mm fan red

Red and Black theme

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:16 AM

No lights (HDD activity, keyboard or mouse), no beeps, no fans.  This sounds like you may have a problem with the PSU.

Is the monitor displaying "no signal"?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:34 PM

i5 Devil's Canyon 4690K overclocked to 4.4 Ghz

First thing to try is set the CMOS back to factory default; I have seen overclocked CPUs sometimes freak-out and corrupt the settings. You can always overclock again after you get it up & running.

I always start with the easiest thing first, then move on to more complicated possibilities if that doesn't work.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 Tetraomare

Tetraomare
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:15 PM

I don't think it is a PSU problem because the GPU fans are spinning but and we have reset the BIOS with the battery on the motherboard and nothing changed

Also right before I had to eat dinner I came in my room  in my to put my phone on the charger and I heard a loud noise coming from my computer turns out that the CPU fan was spinning so I plugged in the other one because I needed to see if it was a port problem or not. So I quickly put in the DVI port and nothing happens so then I plug my mouse and keyboard in they light up and didn't get a signal to the screen so I turn my computer off and back on only the one fan and GPU fans were spinning.

Thank you for your help in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users