Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ravenbar

Ravenbar

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:41 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131291/computer-freezes-weird-lines-on-the-screen/ - Hamluis.

I've had/having this problem on (2) different Emachines EL1200-05w systems. The first system I parted out when it happened as it was a freebie and I'd just got it(assumed bad motherboard as graphics are built in and no slots/room in case for another.

The second system I've been running for a couple months with no issue and this week its started having issues. It also is having a problem hanging on the BIOS screen when I start the machine about half the time.

I know it's not a BSOD as this machine very rarely runs Windows, I can't remember it it has XP or 7 on it. I did run into the issue on the first computer running Windows and also Linux.

Screen on crash: tumblr_o0v7tx4X411u130qco1_1280.jpg

System specs: tumblr_o0v8hullvU1u130qco1_1280.jpg

Edited by hamluis, 25 February 2016 - 01:17 PM.

Desktops: "John2" Custom, Gigabyte F2A88Xm-D3H, AMD 6A-5400K Trinity 3.6Ghz Dual-Core APU, 16Gb DDR3  HyperX Fury 1866Mhz RAM, 120Gb Crucial Force LS SSD OS) Linux Mint 17.3, 320Gb Raid1 array consisting of (1) Seagate ST320LT020-9YG14 & (1) Fujitsu MZH2320B

Francisco: HP pavilion p7-1080t upgraded with 16Gb ram. Windows 7. Used only for Gaming

Server.GaltsGulch: HP Elite 8300 Small Form Factor, i7-3770, 16Gb ram, Kingston SSDNow 120Gb SSD, 3Tb storage HDD, Fedora Linux/Avahi, Headless

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MusicalNinja77

MusicalNinja77

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:45 AM

Are you sure this is completely random? My Radeon 7970GHz GPU would cause a very similar problem (Lines were not angled, as they are here) and would lock me out completely. This was because i had raised the GPU power limit while overclocking. After setting the Power limit back to +-0, everything was swell again. 

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:32 PM

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users