Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My PC warms up while gaming. How normal is this and when should I start to worry

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JohnnyFootball

JohnnyFootball

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:05 PM

Intel i3 4170  8.00 GB Integrated graphics 4400 installed. Just got this pc two months ago and I'm a little paranoid lol about something happening to it. I heard its normal for it to warm up and mine stays warm, doesn't get too hot or anything just wanna make sure I don't cause any damage inside. I play Mass effect and Skyrim just incase on a need to know basis. And it can definitely run both games on med or high.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 moldieToast

moldieToast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:46 PM

Yes, it's perfectly normal for your pc to warm up during intensive use. If you are worried that it may be to hot, you can use hwmonitor to keep an eye on the temperatures. as long as your cpu doesn't get past 70 degrees Celsius or 158 degrees Fahrenheit you shouldn't worry. Most processors won't get damaged by running a little hotter than that, but from my experience the 70/158 degrees mark is where it does start to impact performance.

#3 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:39 AM

Max temperatures for CPUs vary from one model to the next, but I certainly agree that you should generally want to keep them under 70 C.  To find out the exact temperature range for your CPU, you can look at cputemp.com.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:42 AM

Play your games and get the computer good and warm and then do the following.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 JohnnyFootball

JohnnyFootball
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:52 PM

Thanks for the help, guys. I'll post the screen up soon

Edited by JohnnyFootball, 26 February 2016 - 03:54 PM.

#6 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:30 PM

I was going to suggest adding a laptop usb-powered external cooling assembly, however, if computer's a desktop, consider adding a portable 8 inch fan in the room aimed at the computer, wifey and I did that, and it helped keep temp down.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,756 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:25 AM

Thanks for the help, guys. I'll post the screen up soon

I don't know why you edited out the Speccy Snapshot, but it does show that the CPU is running well within it parameters. 

Because I'm active in this topic I will get a email notification from Bleeping Computer showing the content  of your posts.  For this reason I was able to click on the link for your Speccy and view its content.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 JohnnyFootball

JohnnyFootball
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:47 PM

I wanted it to look like yours nice and neat, wasn't sure if you wanted a mess of info but was everything running okay, nothing abnormal going on?

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,756 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:53 AM

As I posted, the temperatures shown in the Speccy Snapshot are well within the normal parameters for that CPU.  I don't see anything that you should be concerned about.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/LFvqzpTmzmKZrjhkOEyoyJq

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users