Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop makes wifi slow but not ethernet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 picstruck

picstruck

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:01 PM

A couple of days ago my laptop started making my wifi very slow. My normal internet speed when tested on speedtest.net is about 16mbps. When my laptop is off and I check on my tablet it's still that speed but when my laptop is on it makes the wifi go between 0.1 and 1.5mbps. The weirdest part is that it doesn't affect computers connected directly to the ethernet.

At first I thought it was a virus so I formated the hard drive and reinstalled a clean copy of windows 10. That didn't work so I updated all the drivers and that still didn't work. I haven't changed internet providers and I've had this laptop for a long time so I have no idea how to fix this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users