Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Change Windows 7 Product Key (Serial key)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 maveric2013

maveric2013

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:01 PM

Is there any way to chage your windows 7 Product key and get the new key (different than the original one)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:45 PM

The only way you are going to get a new product key is to purchase another copy of the operating system.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:47 PM

That would be an illegal activity, IMO...unless you are referring to telephonic activation where personnel may decide to change your key if they are convinced that you have a valid, legal key and Windows install.

Louis

#4 maveric2013

maveric2013
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:50 PM

:( I have accidentally post photos of my product key on internet. so I am afraid.

#5 JosephPorter

JosephPorter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:55 PM

Well you need to buy another of it to change your product key. 

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:05 PM

Contact a moderator at the website where you posted it and have them edit it out.

I really wouldn't worry about it, especially if this is a OEM computer.  The product key is tied to a OEM computer.  Once it is activated, which it is from the factory, it will be recognized as an illegal product code if someone else tries to use it.

Edited by dc3, 24 February 2016 - 01:06 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 maveric2013

maveric2013
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:22 PM

I have uploaded screenshot of my OS on one of  imagehosting website. I did not knew that it contains OS serial number too. After uploading on website I checked but now nothing i can do.

Edited by maveric2013, 24 February 2016 - 01:23 PM.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:35 PM

Having seen you last reply before you edited I know you are referring to what was visible in the Speccy.

I have uploaded screenshot of my OS (from Speccy) on one of  imagehosting website.

When you view Speccy, the GUI will show the Windows key. However, when you Publish Snapshot, the Windows key is NOT included.

You don't have anything to be concerned about.

Edited by dc3, 24 February 2016 - 01:37 PM.

#9 maveric2013

maveric2013
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:41 PM

I have taken screenshot from another screen capturing software. so it was visible. :(

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

You can use the Speccy to show the Windows Product code.  But you will not see it in the image form that we request.  I've never seen a Windows product code in this form of a Speccy Snapshot.

How to find your Windows product code with the Speccy Snapshot

Please download and install Speccy to find your Windows product code.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see an image similar to the one below.

speccy1_zpsrueynimp.png

Under Summary click on Operating System.

speccy2_zpsxmwtld56.png

The product code is listed as Serial Number:.

If you used this form to produce the Speccy Snapshot it will contain the product code.

#11 maveric2013

maveric2013
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:05 PM

yes I have uploaded the photo which had serial no.

is there anyway to contact Microsoft for new product key?

#12 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 04:20 PM

If I understand you correctly, when Speccy was open you took a screenshot of it.  You then uploaded the screenshot to an image hosting site.  Your product key is visible on the screenshot.  On some hosting sites (such as Imgur) you get a deletion link at the time you uploaded.  If you forgot to take a note of the deletion link then you have no alternative but to send a request to the site asking them to delete the image.  Also, as said by others, no, you cannot get a new product key.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users