Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New hardware, new freezes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JayRosa

JayRosa

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:24 AM

I purchased an AMD FX 8350 8-core processor (With Hyper 212 EVO CPU fan) to replace my 4300, and an Asus Geforce GTX 950 2GB to replace a Radeon HD 5670, and upgraded 8 GB of RAM to 16 GB (G Skill Rawjaws X). My first issue was the computer would sometimes turn on, but would always ultimately lead to half of my motherboard working (Asus M5A97 R2.0). I solved this by replacing the Power Supply, I went from a Corsair CX500 to a Corsair CX750M which works wonderfully.
     My newfound problem is the fact that my computer is now freezing on occasion. Sometimes it'll freeze in 30min from start-up, other times it takes a cpl hours but eventually, it always freezes---then I have to hard power it down. I downloaded "driver booster" which automatically checks up-to-date drivers for you to download, so I don't believe it has anything to do with that. I checked my RAM sticks by individually installing them and running them 1 at a time, the problem isn't here either. 
       ANY IDEAS? Can anyone walk me through solving this mess? Thank you...

[all old software removed]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 moldieToast

moldieToast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:55 PM

If you are having problems like this and are absolutly sure your memory is fine, my money is on a faulty mobo. Your post says you ran your memory sticks one by one, i assume you used a diagnostic tool like memcheck86+? if not, i would reccomend you do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users