Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

window 7 laptop keyboard problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 megaproto

megaproto

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:27 AM

My laptop: Acer Aspire V3-571G

hello everyone, I am having a problem with my laptop keyboard. My first problem was the alphabet key, whenever I pressed the key "o" the output is "oi", and "p" = "pl". Its as if I pressed two buttons at once. Looking up online I tried various solutions such as turning off sticky key, and malwarebyte scan. After the scan and removal of affected malware, my alphabet keys now work. The problem now

is my number key. When I press "9" its as if I pressed "alt" and some shift + number button also doesnt work. When I pressed shift + 8, the asterisk didnt appear. It will only appear when I pressed shift + 8 and let go of shift while still pressing the 8.  My F1 to F4 button now when I pressed them its also as if I pressed two button at once, F1 = ESC + F1, F2 = F1 + F2, etc. My keypad on the right side is also the same, when I pressed "8" = "8-" , "1" = "1 + ENTER", "-" = "8-", "+" = "/+" 

So I rescan with malwarebyte, AVG and spybot. Then I removed all the affected file. But still no luck. So I uninstall and reinstall the keyboard SP/2 driver. The problem still persist. So yesterday I decided to repair install to fix window 7 without reformating [ ]. When the serial key window pop-up after the installation, I noticed that the keys are working properly. When I press number "9", it appears not as if I pressed alt key, and number "8" on keypad, its not as if I pressed "8-". Then I shut it down and turn it on again after a few hours later, and the keyboard problem is back 

Does anyone have this issue and managed to fix it? I dont think its a hardware problem because the alphabet key was fixed and they are still working now and the number buttons were fine during the inputting of the serial key.

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ismaelqsm

ismaelqsm

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:51 AM

Hello, try with a different keyboard, and check the regional zone or the keyboard language, good luck

#3 megaproto

megaproto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:21 AM

Hello, try with a different keyboard, and check the regional zone or the keyboard language, good luck

Hello thank you for your reply :) I checked the keyboard, the default input language is English [United States] - US. The keyboard is English [United States]. However, My country is not US. Does this matter?

Attached Files

• Attached File  kkk.png   36.97KB   0 downloads

#4 ismaelqsm

ismaelqsm

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:37 PM

It should not affect, but change it to yours, and you change the language for yours too

#5 ismaelqsm

ismaelqsm

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:39 PM

Also check Control Panel accessibility options

#6 megaproto

megaproto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:41 PM

I have change the language and keyboard to mine and uncheck all the sticky key option, still no luck. If nothing else I am thinking of reformating, but I prefer it to be a last option...

#7 megaproto

megaproto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:47 PM

I went to a keyboard tester website to test my keyboard, it seems that my keyboard is pressing two button at once, when I press "9" and PrtSC this is what happen

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users