Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

corrupt files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pull

pull

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:09 AM

hello...

i lost my some files...but when i recover my files with some recovery tools...i found my some files...but it's corrupted..i try many method but it's still corrupt...!it's very import file's to me.it's excel files and some files like this...if some one help me in this topic.i am very thanks full...

and this is the one file 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u5quzsp67a2xv2/Gypsum%20Project.xlsx?dl=0

Thanks in Advande

Edited by pull, 24 February 2016 - 05:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Angoid

Angoid

• Security Colleague
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:55 AM

Hi pull,

I can't follow your link I'm afraid ... it could be because I'm coming in from a corporate firewall that could be blocking it by policy :(

It actually sounds to me like you might have been hit by ransomware: malicious software which encrypts your personal data files and then demands a ransom in Bitcoin to retrieve them.  Perhaps if I could see the attachment, that might help.  Hopefully someone else will chime in to add some value.

Do you have backups?

If not, then STOP USING THAT COMPUTER immediately and recover what you can, and then remove the ransomware.  See if you can find out which one it is, as there may be a decrypter available here.

It may not be ransomware, in which case you'd need to ascertain how your files got corrupted and what the extent of the damage is.

Here is a tutorial on how to use Puppy Linux to recover your data:

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/274691-use-puppy-linux-live-cd-to-recover-your-data/

Edited by Angoid, 24 February 2016 - 07:56 AM.

Helping a loved one through a mental health issue?  Remember ALGEE...

Assess the risk | Listen nonjudgementally | Give reassurance and info | Encourage professional help | Encourage self-help and support network

#3 pull

pull
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:55 AM

thanks u Angoid...!

no i am not hit by any thing...it's just a deleted partition ...some of my office fellow delete the partition with out my permision and when i recover my data it's come very older one not a new one...but with the reovery software name recova when i use this one...i found my newly deleted files but when i recover these file it's corrupted :/.. and these are not going to open i use many software but no one is working 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users