Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Onboard keyboard, onboard mouse, and external keyboard do not work--please help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 drews247

drews247

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:51 PM

Hi,

On my win7 64bit Thinkpad x230i I can no longer type with either the onboard or external keyboards.  The onboard mouse does not work either.  The only thing that does work is an external USB mouse.  

So far I have tried to reinstall the Synaptics drivers from Lenovo, reinstall USB drivers from Lenovo, download a BIOS update, and update Logitech setpoint. None of those worked.  

Also, when I go to Device Manager and I right click on the mouse and keyboards it says that I have the most up-to-date drivers.  I tried to do a System Restore, but Windows says that I do not have have any restore points created.  

Is my only option to reinstall windows?

Thanks in advance!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:29 PM

I would go into Device Manager...uninstall the native mouse and keyboard drivers...and then reboot the system.  Those drivers should automatically reinstall with (hopefully) undamaged new drivers that return original functionality.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users