Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having issue connecting Xbox 360 controller to Asus Laptop.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LithyVale

LithyVale

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:59 PM

I have a wireless gaming receiver a generic one. Aswell a brand new 200 dollar custom xbox wireless controller. I am trying to play steam games ex: GTA 5. I am not anywhere near close to a computer pro so I need a little bit of assistance on what im doing wrong and how to correct it. I do not understand tech lingo >.< so you need to be a bit easy with me. I had a disk that came with it but when i place it in it doesnt read. the cd is practically useless. I do not have the brand of the generic wireless adapter and all forums i read send me directly to Microsofts site with the controller driver for windows 7. I have windows 8.1. I have tried the windows 7 but my controller still isnt connecting. Only drivers i have found are for the xbox one controller in 8.1  inwhich i do not have. I really need all the help I can get, ive been just edging to play controller games for over a month since I got this new beauty and really wanna try it out. Thankyou for taking the time to read this and I hope this works! :) 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 moldieToast

moldieToast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:16 PM

Its very likely the receiver needs a driver (which would be on the disc).

If there is anything at all printed on the device itself, the disc, a tag attached to to the cable or even the packaging(if you still have it) it would help if you could post what it says, or take a pic and post that.

If there really isn't any text to be found anywhere on the device you can look up the hardware ID.

To find the hardware ID, go to the start menu and right click "computer", then click manage.

In the list on the left side of the window that just showed up, click device manager.

On the right side of the window is now a list of devices, there should be one with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark  in front of it. Likely in the universal serial bus category or in a "unknown devices" category. Right click on the device with the yellow triangle and click properties.

Go to the tab "details" and select "hardware Ids" from the drop down menu.

Now right click the line of information that showed up in the box below the menu and click "copy".

if multiple lines appear, choose the longest one to copy.

Now post this line of info in your reply.

Edited by moldieToast, 24 February 2016 - 03:17 PM.

#3 LithyVale

LithyVale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:16 PM

Posted Yesterday, 08:16 PM

Its very likely the receiver needs a driver (which would be on the disc).

If there is anything at all printed on the device itself, the disc, a tag attached to to the cable or even the packaging(if you still have it) it would help if you could post what it says, or take a pic and post that.

If there really isn't any text to be found anywhere on the device you can look up the hardware ID.

To find the hardware ID, go to the start menu and right click "computer", then click manage.

In the list on the left side of the window that just showed up, click device manager.

On the right side of the window is now a list of devices, there should be one with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark  in front of it. Likely in the universal serial bus category or in a "unknown devices" category. Right click on the device with the yellow triangle and click properties.

Go to the tab "details" and select "hardware Ids" from the drop down menu.

Now right click the line of information that showed up in the box below the menu and click "copy".

if multiple lines appear, choose the longest one to copy.

Attached Files

#4 moldieToast

moldieToast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:23 AM

I think I have found the same receiver you have.

It has a win7 logo on the packaging and the manual says "compatible with windows 95, windows 98, windows 2000, windows vista, windows xp and windows 7.

The reviews however seem to indicate that a manual installation of the drivers will still work on win8, 8.1 and 10. 

The contents of the disc that came with your purchase(checked for viruses): http://m2.img.dxcdn.com/CDDriver/sku.129230.rar

How to manually install drivers in win8: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/all-drivers

Unfortunately this product seems to be more like fake/rip-off than just 3rd-party, so if this doesn't work out for you it might be best to just get a legitimate receiver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users