Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Highlighted words on websites

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 warpig1

warpig1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:13 PM

No matter how many times i use Malware removal tools or remove unwanted programs i cannot eliminate the annoying yellow highlighting found on several websites. This is happening in both Edge and IE. Can anyone help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:39 PM

You can't remove them. They are part of the website. 

#3 warpig1

warpig1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:26 AM

I may not be as explicit as I should.....The words are actually bright yellow, unreadable and not "highlighted" in the literal sense. Any other computer will show these words in a different color but readable. Is there a setting I can change?  

#4 Markimoo

Markimoo

• Banned
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:54 AM

Hi,

Can you provide a screenshot of the problem? I think you have some adware on your system, did you try running AdwCleaner?

zcMPezJ.pngAdwCleaner - Fix Mode

• Download AdwCleaner and move it to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
  • Accept the EULA (I accept), let the database update, then click on Scan;
  • Let the scan complete. Once it's done, make sure that every item listed in the different tabs is checked and click on the Cleaning button. This will kill all the active processes;
    CfdTLN1.png
  • Once the cleaning process is complete, AdwCleaner will ask to restart your computer, do it;
  • After the restart, a log will open when logging in. Please copy/paste the content of that log in your next reply.

Edited by Markimoo, 24 February 2016 - 09:58 AM.

#5 warpig1

warpig1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:07 AM

Simply disabling "C:\windows\system32\LogiLDA.dll" at startup cured my problem. WOW!  Thanks

#6 Markimoo

Markimoo

• Banned
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:40 AM

Please run AdwCleaner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users