Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building for little brother, confirming if parts will fit in case

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Clubz

Clubz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:00 PM

So I was recently upgrading my computer and decided to help my little brother create his own computer, first giving him what i replaced which is:  a new 750W power supply i ordered but didn't use, a usb keyboard that came standard with Ibuypower,and an R9 AMD 280 Graphics card

Was not trying to get fancy just getting him what he needs to at least play decently so i got the basics on the options:   http://www.newegg.com/Product/BOM.aspx?Item=N82E16813701026

but my main issue is just knowing if the case would be big enough for all this

Case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144275

Please let me know if it will or any other possiblly better options....and yes I would prefer it be in blue and lights are optional as i can add that later

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:05 PM

Yeah you will be good with a mid tower case. You should be able to fit most of the newer giant cards in there as well. I have a mid tower Coolermaster and fit a GTX 980 in it.

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

#3 Clubz

Clubz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:07 PM

k thanks I will get it and yeah i actually just got the 980 as well a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users