Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Duplicate USB drive names

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 athegn

athegn

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:28 PM

I have two HP pc running Windows 10 Home Premium.

One has this problem:-

http://www.askvg.com/fix-drives-appearing-twice-in-navigation-pane-of-windows-10-explorer-this-pc/

the other does not.

Has any body here experienced this and does the "cure" work?

Asking before I "cure" my machine and a friends, who also has this problem.

Note duplicate drive is a MAXTOR S

Edited by athegn, 23 February 2016 - 12:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:58 PM

When I get duplicate entries, I just click on one or the other, and it always works.  I know how to change things in the registry, but 99.9% of the time I avoid doing that because it can cause more problems than it fixes.  These duplicate listings may be a little strange, but I don't see why they are a problem.  They never have been for me since I started with Windows 10 in October 2014.  It is a little strange no doubt, but if everything's working in spite of that, I say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 athegn

athegn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:20 PM

So far they have not caused a problem, ok  so will probably live with aint broke don't fix it solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users