When I shut down my Dell Inspiron (using the shut down button under the start button), there is a pause just before it goes off. During the pause:
1. The "there are running processes; do you want windows to force shutdown" screen appears very briefly, too fast to read what's open;
2. Several (4, I think) web pages flash rapidly on the screen;
3. Computer shuts down.
Not sure if it's related, but we've begun having a couple of bsods.
1. Granddaughters used the machine to play games; might have clicked on something.
2. We just began using DropBox.
What I've tried:
1. Ran SuperAnti-Spyware in normal and safe modes. No luck.
2. Ran McAfee virus in normal and safe. No luck.
3. Allowed tech support from McAfee to use remote control to check it out. No luck. They only said the problem was more than they could handle and offered a number to call. Before I do that, I'd like some advice from someone who has had a similar problem.
What I'm considering:
1. Hoping for help from the people here.
2. Dumping McAfee and installing BitDefender 2016.
3. Adding MalwareBites.
Dell Inspiron, Win 7 Home Premium.