Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel 2010, Issues with Conditional Formatting.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scriba_golfer

scriba_golfer

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:46 AM

Let’s see if I can explain this well to paint a good picture of what I desire to do. I need to do Conditional Formatting in several, several cells. Approx. 1,410 cells. I think I can get it done in a cell or two but having a similar formatting repeat throughout the worksheet is my issue.

Cell B1 contains today’s date. B1 = Todays date

Cell J4 contains a typed in description

Cell J5 contains a number which corresponds with the description, an item number.

Cell J6 has a date in it. J6 = 4/1/2016

When J6 is changed to "Complete", I desire it to turn green

When J6 is within two days of the current date or equal to it, I desire it to turn yellow.

When J6 is past the current date, I desire it to turn red.

Anything 3 days or more out form the current date may remain unchanged.

Not only would I desire for J6 to change to a specific color as indicated but I desire for J4 & J5 to change to the same color as J6 would.

Once that is done I need to do the same for 9 columns to the right with each of them having their own dates tied to K6 thru S6. As well has these lines of data being repeated an additional 43 times with dates tied to their respective lines (i.e. J9 thru S9, J12 thru S12, J15 thru S15 having their own unique dates)

Assistance is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,827 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:08 PM

What do you mean by "When J6 is changed to 'Complete'?"    If it's a date it's a date and you don't mention any status cell anywhere that indicates pending/working or complete.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#3 scriba_golfer

scriba_golfer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:28 PM

You are correct. Sorry about that. It was suppose to be a date until such a time that we type in COMPLETE in that box. Then it would go green. My brain gets ahead of my fingers too many times. Thanks for questioning that.

As it is at this point I am pursuing another angle to get what I need. If you have the ability to do so, could you please delete this forum thread. Thank you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users