Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bios Chip Replacement

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nforce

nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:33 AM

I have an ECS nForce3-a v1.0a and had a bad bios flash when I was updating. I have tried all the tips to recover but I think it's totally doomed and my only choice is to get a new bios chip. I know that ecs has that top-hat flash thing but I'm not sure if it's for my motherboard. Ecs technical support has not answered my e-mails and before I get the $25 bios replacement from biosman.com or something, I want to know if there is anything else I can do or if there is a place where I can get the bios chip for less than $25. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheEmuRider

TheEmuRider

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:43 PM

This is probably obvious, but did you reset the jumpers on your motherboard? That SHOULD set it back to original bios, in which you can then reflash it up to the new one.

#3 nforce

nforce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:38 PM

Yeah, i've tried everything. I'm not a newbie with bios and have run into my share of jumper problems. ECS emailed me back though and they can send me a new chip for $24. $1 less than biosman. Yipee. What a savings. I think thats my only option though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users