Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Corsair case questions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pilot2fly

pilot2fly

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:23 AM

Hi guys,

I built my gaming setup about two years ago. It's currently in a Rosewill MicroATX sized case and only has 2 fans for the chassis (one for air in, one for air out). Recently, my CPU has been overheating (still on stock CPU fan) and I think it's time for new fans, CPU fan, and a new chassis. 

I purchased the Corsair Carbide Spec 01 case on Amazon and liked that it has 5 slots for fans and filters already in the case. I purchased a 4 pack of Cooler Master 120MM fans and plan to put them in the new Corsair case. I know there is a fan slot in front of the hard drive bay in the Spec 01. Should I remove the hard drive bay completely if I install a fan in front of it? It seems like if there was a fan there, the air would get blocked by the hard drive bay.

This image shows how I am planning to place my fans. I'm only planning on one fan on top of the chassis. I plan to put my new Cooler Master Hyper T4 CPU fan blowing the air towards the back of the case where the rear case fan is located.

corsaircase_zpslrumwb9t.jpg

Is this a good setup? Should I remove the entire hard drive bay in order to install the second front fan, or is there a way to take part of the drive bay out without removing the entire bay? I still haven't received the Spec 01 yet, that's why I'm asking. Also, my motherboard only has USB 2.0 headers. Am I ok to plug in the USB 3.0 into a 2.0 motherboard slot?

Edited by pilot2fly, 23 February 2016 - 12:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:17 PM

Looks good, but I bet your overheating was because of your thermal paste failing. Keep the hdd cages, you should have plenty of airflow anyways.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users