Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible trojan or malware; iexplore.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EvilColin

EvilColin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:45 AM

Hi

I am hoping that could get some help as I think I have a problem, and I have not the know how to fix it. I did look on the forums and it seems that other people have encountered this issue, so sorry for potentially duplicating things. I was wary about blindly following someone else's  replies though, as they called for copies of logs, so was concerned that the responses were potentially based on the logs.

Anyway, my problem is that avast keeps popping up to tell me that it has blocked something located in the Internet Explorer folder of my program files. The infection, according to avast is usually referred to as URL-Mal, but I recently had one called JS:Agent-CIW. For the most part, all that happens is every 30 mins to an hour or so, avast tells me that a thread has been detected. It doesn't seem to matter what I am doing. Last night, the computer shut itself down though to protect itself from harm, immediately following an avast threat detection message. I could see that this message was different to the usual ones, but I didn't get a chance to read it before the computer did its thing,

I have scanned the file and folder with avast but it doesn't find anything. I think my computer may be running a little slower, but it's hard to say as it's not overly quick normally.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 22 February 2016 - 12:16 PM.
moved from Windows 7 to Am I Infected

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rpbtf

rpbtf

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:15 PM

Hello,

you could do a Malware Scan with Emsisoft Emergency Kit (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/emsisoft-emergency-kit/).

Ralf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users