Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus.Safemode.Blackscreen

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 tto97

tto97

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:30 AM

my laptop was attack by malware/virus(cryptowall) ,then i do search for the solution and the first thing to do is boot in safemode unfortunately my screen get blackscreen when i restarting with f8 . So i get it to safemode by msconfig .But now my laptop is in blackscreen again and nothing i can do with it. i tried with f8 ,win 7 install disc but nothing appear. Anyone can help me please.
Ps: my laptop is on win 7
i also search on other website and there was a old post which people suggest to boot with system repair disc .

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 22 February 2016 - 08:24 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to 'General security'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:06 AM

If the installation disc you have is a legal copy of the version you have installed on this computer you can do a Repair Installation.  This will provide access to the System Recovery Options where you can select the option Startup Repair.

Repair Installation Instructions

Attention:  In order to boot from the installation disc you may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the optical driver is the first device in the boot order, and the HDD/SSD is the second devcice.

1.  Place the installation disc in the tray of the CD/DVD drive, close the tray and restart the computer.

2.  You will be prompted to press any key to start the installation, do so.

At this point the setup process will load files, this will take several minutes.

3.  You will now need to choose the  Language, Time, currency format, and Keyboard or input method that you'd like to use.

After this is done click on Next.

w71_zps6dbda47e.png

4.  Click on the Repair your computer link at the bottom-left of the Install Windows window.

This link will begin the Windows 7 System Recovery Options.

w72_zps2a656a0c.png

5.  System Recovery Options will now search your hard drive(s) for any Windows 7 installations.  This will take several minutes.

No participation is required on your part at this time, wait till it has finished and the next window opens.

w73_zpsd5483f05.png

6.  Choose the Windows 7 installation that you'd like to perform the Startup Repair on, then click on Next

w74_zps490f9a17.png

7.  Click on the Startup Repair link from list of recovery tools in System Recovery Options.

w75_zps9941e858.png

For a future reference, there are several other diagnostic and recovery tools available in the Windows 7 System Recovery Options including System Restore, System Image Recovery, Windows Memory Diagnostic, and Command Prompt.

8.  The Startup Repair tool will now search for problems in the system files.

If Startup Repair finds a problem with any system files the tool may suggest a solution which you will need to confirm, or may solve the problem automatically.

w76_zps3dd75d83.png

9.  Startup Repair will now attempt to repair whatever problems it found with system files.  

Note:  If Startup Repair did not find any problems with system files you won't see this step.

w77_zpsd8be95eb.png

Important: Your computer may or may not restart several times during this repair process.  This is normal, you should allow it to continue until you see the Restart your computer to complete the repairs window. 

10.  Click on Finish, this will restart your computer.

w78_zpsd49257fb.png

It is possible that the Startup Repair will not be able to fix the problem.  If the Startup Repair tool determines this, it may automatically run the the repair after your computer restarts.  If it does not automatically run the repair but you are still having problems with Windows 7 repeat these steps to run Startup Repair again manually.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 tto97

tto97
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:07 AM

i not sure isit the same version of window 7 as i borrow it from friend. Btw it doesnt work and still in blackscreen .Any alternative for this?thankss for the reply

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:29 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

What version of Windows 7 is the installation disc?  Example:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 tto97

tto97
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:12 AM

home basic 64 if no wrong

#6 tto97

tto97
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:15 AM

i do find some and found that one fix it by taking out graphic card
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/47728-63-bios-safe-mode.
isit similar to my case? but i m on laptop . what should i do

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:38 AM

This topic appears more suitable for the Am I Infected forum instead of General Security so I am moving it there.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:17 AM

Please run TDSSKiller.

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

The log for the TDSSKiller can be very long.  If you go to the bottom of the log to where you find Scan finished you will see the results of the scan.  If it shows Detected object count: 0 and Actual detected object count: 0, this means that nothing malicious was found and you will not need to post the log.

1.  Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.

tdss1_zps90132559.png

2.  Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system.

If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now.

tdsskillermultiple_zps472c18eb.png

3.  Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run.

tdss4_zps6792a13c.png

4.  If threats are detected select Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed.

***Do NOT select Delete!

Click on Continue.

tdss5_zps98fc5887.png

5.  Click on Reboot computer.

Please copy the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt file found in your root directory (typically c:\) and paste it into your next reply.

Note:  The log may be very long.  You may need to break it into parts to post the whole log.

================

Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.

mbam1_zps95cc812c.png

Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan.

If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan

mbam1_zps98e7fba9.png

You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.

mbam2_zps85f38f0c.png

3)  The scan will automatically run now.

malwarerun_zps9abd4ef1.png

4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Delete All.

malwarenew_zps34b58fdc.png

5)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  Copy and paste the log in your topic.

================

Please run AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner and install it.

When AdwCleaner opens you will see an image like the one below.

adwcleaner11_zps48314883.png

Click on Scan to start the scan.

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.

If there are no malicious programs are found you will receive the following message.

adwcleaner%20111_zpsiduqrrrp.png

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed.  Click on OK.  The computer will be restarted to complete the cleaning process.

When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.

================

Please run the ESET OnlineScan

This scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to allow this to run till it is completed.

***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***

ESET Online Scanner

• Click here to download the installer for ESET Online Scanner and save it to your Desktop.
  • Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that here.
  • Right click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and select Run as Administrator.
  • Place a checkmark in YES, I accept the Terms of Use, then click Start. Wait for ESET Online Scanner to load its components.
  • Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
  • Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
    • Remove found threats
    • Scan archives
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • Click Start to begin scanning.
  • ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
  • When the scan is done, click List threats (only available if ESET Online Scanner found something).
  • Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.
  • Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanner.

Edited by dc3, 23 February 2016 - 09:18 AM.

#9 tto97

tto97
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:57 AM

i can't even access to desktop.. just blackscreen all the way and edit boot option is appear when i simply make a spam

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:06 AM

When you went to use the installation disc to perform the Startup Repair did you change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD/DVD drive is the first device in the boot order and the hdd the second device?

#11 tto97

tto97
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:55 AM

When you went to use the installation disc to perform the Startup Repair did you change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD/DVD drive is the first device in the boot order and the hdd the second device?

#12 tto97

tto97
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:59 AM

last few day i use to get in boot option by simply spam . and i check cd/dvd was the priority but i didnt chg hdd to 2nd . FYI my laptop don't even respond to the key f10,f2,f8 or others key . It just appear beep sound when i simply spam on it .still got hope on this? 😅

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:17 AM

last few day i use to get in boot option by simply spam

What are you referring to as "spam".

Wikipedia defines spam as:

Electronic spamming is the use of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited messages (spam), especially advertising, as well as sending messages repeatedly on the same site.

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:21 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

#15 tto97

tto97
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:31 AM

hello dc3 urgentt it now works to cmd.exe and as what is see in other forum . i need to proceed with bcdedit to change my setting . and i did change by bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot . And the operation completed successfully

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users